SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alice_wong8746

Help choosing blue-gray paint for home office

Alice
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

We are building a new house and the office space is on the main floor, size: 13' x 10'. It has NO windows so zero natural light. The only lighting comes from 4 overhead potlights and whatever lamp we end up putting in there. The trim will be Benjamin Moore Super White semi-gloss.

It will be my office so I wanted something calming but still feminine. All four walls will be that color, not just an accent wall. Our builder uses Benjamin Moore paints so we are choosing from that brand. The entire house is going to be Super White (the house is pretty modern in style) and the floors are a greyish hardwood throughout.

After many hours, I finally decided on Van Deusen Blue but am now having second thoughts as it just seems so dark, especially since there isn't any light in that room. I'm thinking now that I want a crisp blue-gray instead (as opposed to a "muddy" blue gray). I can still change it before the end of today so would appreciate any advice/tips on the following colors:

- November Skies

- Van Courtland Blue

- Amsterdam (which basically looks like Van Courtland Blue to me? I can't tell what the difference is)

Thank you!

Comments (5)