SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elba10

Fast, easy biscuits that don't crumble when cut?

elba1
5 years ago

Hi folks, I have a recipe for E-Z Drop Biscuits (will try to post it below) that I like because it is so fast & easy. I can mix up a batch of soup & once all the ingredients are in the pot I can start these & they're done with the soup. I like to cut biscuits in half lengthwise & put butter or jelly on both halves. These biscuits tend to fall apart if you try to cut them, so that is why I'd like to try a different recipe. I just saw a King Arthur one that is simply equal amounts by weight of self rising flour and heavy cream. I don't know if that would yield a better result, and I don't typically have either of those ingredients on hand. Do you know of a recipe that would fit the bill, or a way to tweak the recipe I already have? Not sure if drop biscuits just don't work like that, and if you need yeast, or need to roll them, etc. Thanks for any suggestions!

E-Z Drop Biscuits

"These are a favorite of my boys. For an extra treat I drop a handful of shredded cheese in." — Angela

Ingredients Edit and Save

· E-Z Drop Biscuits

·

Original recipe makes 1 dozen Change Servings

Makes servings USMetricAdjust Recipe (Help)

·

2 cups all-purpose flour

·

1 tablespoon baking powder

·

2 teaspoons white sugar

·

1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar

·

1/4 teaspoon salt

·

1/2 cup melted butter

·

1 cup milk

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).

2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, cream of tartar and salt. Stir in butter and milk just until moistened. Drop batter on a lightly greased cookie sheet by the tablespoon.

3. Bake in preheated oven until golden on the edges, about 8 to 12 minutes. Serve warm.

Comments (41)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES