SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sse112233

Need HELP for craftsman window jamb/trim question

SSE
5 years ago
This is a new build and we are totally new in this. Contractors are on site and expecting my directions as you read this! Pardon my terminology if I say something wrong.
They started on the trims today based on this simple (I thought) design I found online. Here are the pictures of the window before the trim is in and after.
About the before picture, is that area between the drywall and window case normal? Or should the drywall have an extension going towards the window?
About the after trim, what bothers me is the multiple reveals between window case and jamb extension, then between jamb extension and trim. As you can see this is all four sides of the window.

From my limited online search, only 1/4” reveal is between the window jamb and the side trim. Also, there is a stool (sill) at the bottom, so no reveal on that side.

So my questions are: is this multi level reveal expected? Should I ask for a complete redo of this work for entire second floor for proper installation of the jambs (flush) then the trim with small reveal with stool?
Is there a middle acceptable ground? For example, fix bottom by installing a stool and live with the multiple reveals for the rest?

Please give me your opinions and share your experiences since I don’t want to create delays but At the same time I don’t want to pay and live with an improper job done.

Thanks everyone in advance.

Comments (30)