SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_944701

Another double wall oven dilemma

Steve G
5 years ago

Our 28” Whirlpool Gold double wall oven has died. It’s 12 years old. Parts are hard to find. I can get refurb parts I need for about $400 but that seems crazy on such an old unit. We want to just replace it.

But 28” common ovens don’t seem to exist anymore. To compound the problem our cabinet depth is just over 23.5”. Many new ovens require 24”. The opening can be a max of 28.5” wide in a 29.75” (precise) cabinet. If a 30” common double oven is really 30” it will either be even on both sides or slightly hang over and I’m not sure that will look right or work. There is an abutting pantry on the left.

So so this has led to me to thinking my only option is a 27” double wall oven requiring a depth of only 23.5”. The problem I see is my cabinet opening at 28.25” is too wide. Most of the 27” ovens require a max width of 25.5”. how do I solve this? Can a cabinet maker somehow rebuild the sides of the cabinet to be larger (closing the opening)? He’d have to cut the existing frame and blend it I suppose.

Or or am I missing something? Is there a 28” oven still around, or a 30” that might be actual of 29.5 Wide?

Thanks for any tips of advice. We are ovenleas right now and want to solve this. And we can’t out another cabinet in to enlarge it. Kitchen is 12 years old and still in very good shape.

Comments (8)