SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
summerbabies

Double wall oven/cooktop or range and wall oven?

summerbabies
13 years ago

I've plowed through a ton of informative posts on here, and I noticed several posts that said that double wall ovens may not be as reliable as a single. We are finally remodeling and getting RID of the appliances that came with the house!

We are running a gas line (yippeee!) so that I can have a gas cooktop or range. I don't have the room for a range with a double oven, but I do want two ovens, and 30", too. My current one is 26" and my big roasting pan doesn't fit in it.

My options are: 1) 36" slide-in gas range with oven, over the range MW for venting (KitchenAid makes a 36" MW) and wall oven in cabinet or the island

2) Cooktop set into counter with double pot drawers and either undercabinet hood or MW (don't have wall space to sacrifice for vent hood) (Current downdraft cooktop is in island, don't want another downdraft) and double wall oven.

I don't bake cakes or cookies very often, but I roast, broil, braise, and bake macaroni and cheese or casseroles.

I was looking at the Bosch 800 series, the Kenmore Pro double oven, and various ranges (KA has a great one for about $5800, not sure I want to spend that, have to wait for cabinet bids) and cooktops...still haven't decided on a brand, but if anyone can help me decide decisively re range and single or cooktop and double, I will be thrilled! Upper mid-range recommendations also greatly appreciated, too.

Thank you! (If there is already a thread here on this topic that you know of, please post the link.)

Comments (14)