SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lpaquette_gw

Advice 36in gas range or cooktop/double wall ovens

lpaquette
10 years ago

We are planning a kitchen Reno in an 1870's house. Appliance budget is to stay under 10,000. Space is limited - will have an L shape with a smaller island that we may put the sink or a gas cooktop on.

My priority is to have a good oven and a gas cooktop. I do a lot of baking including cookies, bread, cakes as well as meats/ vegetables for dinner. I cook dinner most nights and make most of our baked goods from scratch.

I would like to get either a 36 in range or double wall ovens so I can fit more food in the oven at once . Other appliances in the budget would be a dishwasher and fridge (planning on going less expensive on fridge in favor of spending more on the oven) One other factor is that there will be small children in kitchen.

Any advice on good ovens that would fit into my budget are welcome as well as 36in range v. Double wall oven / cooktop. So far the only brand I am not liking is the Electrolux - my mother has a gas range and has had the service man out at least 4 times this year and the burners still click and oven performance is less than desired.

Thanks

Comments (12)