SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mike_deslandes

re-thinking living room and work space lighting....

Mike Deslandes
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hey all,

I'm hoping for a little bit of designing help here. I'll include some pics. I have 4 of the same lamps, and their all floor lamps, with rectangular shades, I do like them, but I'm wondering if I can turn them from a vertical plane, to a horizontal plane so it looks like a bar going across, instead of up and down. Here's my basic layout, you can see the lights in their positions. Their used for ambient lighting, and will have the Phillips HUE bulbs (multi-color-dimmable) installed in them. The other question, I have is....for the sofa wall, is Behr's Blueberry Tart ( https://www.homedepot.com/p/BEHR-Premium-Plus-Ultra-1-gal-HDC-WR16-03-Blueberry-Tart-Interior-Eggshell-Enamel-Paint-275301/206488845 ), but I'm also thinking of all the other walls, being this...( https://www.homedepot.com/p/BEHR-MARQUEE-8-oz-MQ6-23-Pumice-Interior-Exterior-Paint-Sample-MQ30016/204995740 ) pumice.

The sofa is below ....

now leather chairs....

( had to save some space during reno's).....hahaha....

The lamps...

These are the lamps I'm thinking of changing to a horizontal plane, instead of a vertical, they have a hard rod kit inside to keep the paper/fabric shade stretched. so they don't crush down, no reason it wouldn't work on a horizontal (already tried to see if shade would change ...no movement)...i'm just thinking from a design perspective.....I could put them up with bronzed iron pipe.

What are you thoughts?

Also foot note: Desk is live edge in this coloration...along with the new entertainment shelves done in simliar tone colors, and lay out. Tv to be wall mounted. The Desk is also live edge in the same color scheme as below. SO its an amber / brown coloration, with sand - beige leather chairs, with deep rich leather sofa, Lotsa of colors at play.

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!