SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
a1an

Laundry Sales // Miele vs. LG // Holiday Sales

a1an
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I don't follow appliance sales but is this the time of the year when appliances are like specials, kinda like memorial day, etc....

The shocks on my Miele Washer is going south. Need to be proactive about replacing vs. reactive, moreso as the least thing I want is for the machine to start ~walking~ and fug up the custom white lacquered cabs, countertops in the laundry room....

So I went to my local appliance shop and I cannot get the Miele LG with a 10 year...short story, but I often get a 3rd party with my appliance shop on 10 years, as they often will SUB out premium brand repairs not to general techs but manuf. branded techs, WHICH is quite the savings hoot. And let's face it, premium brands IME seem to be more issues than consumer brands. So it's sorta like a Mielecare 10 year without the MC price and besides, MC is not available beyond 5 years in the USA.

I can get the 3048 with the 10 year from him though as the LG is delivered from Miele direct, wheras the latter is sourced from *him*

Like I say with our German cars, great to have under warranty, terrible without.

Which led to to just look at other machines. I know it's not a fair comparison, but I'm just looking at the LG combo, with sidekick, etc.

I don't know if Black Friday or just this time of the year is the time, but a quick look online and it's price okay.

2 Years ago, my sister moved and she went with a similar LG rig. I was concerned about the infamous water hammer issues. Did not even get around to installer hammer arrestors sofar but she ain't got no complaints.

I guess I'm just on my soapbox for this rainy day weekend.

Decisions, decisions.

I know they are not apples-apples machines..Kinda like we went went on Vacay, and I hated the Escalade we rented , Bad analogy

In both houses we have Miele canisters...we have all Miele DW, including the PG series. We're Miele fans, but ehhhh, if I can't get it on a 10 year warranty, as most things really occur during year 5 or 6, not sure whether I'm looking to spend the spend...

Comments (6)