SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jcserver3

Please help me! I'm excited but not sure what I got myself into!!

Tara
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

So someone on nextdoor (neighborhood website) was asking for help decorating her patio and I impulsively offered my services! Said I'll do it for free/anything she wants to pay because this is my first time decorating for someone else. She had a lot of designers reply to her, so I figured she wouldn't get back to me but she did! She wants me to come look at her patio tomorrow. And now I'm excited but nervous!!

This is what I told her I'll do in my initial message:

1. Look at and measure her space and discuss her likes and dislikes

2. View any inspiration pics (a Pinterest board etc.)

3. Create a design board with products that are both practical and in tune with her style. Then discuss and make any changes.

4. She makes all the purchases and then I help with staging.

So do you all have any advice for me? I love design and I spend way too much time reading here and various design blogs. My daughter is going to preschool starting august, and I was looking for a part time job in graphic design (which I have experience in) but for some time now I've been dreaming about being an interior designer.

So please help me! Tell me what you think I should and shouldn't do tomorrow. Also do you think in the future a design model like this could make money? I live in a suburban area with a lot of new construction homes and young families moving in. I think there might be a demand for a service like this. What do you think?

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!