SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
plllog

I learned a new (to me) trick

plllog
7 years ago

I was going to make chicken and biscuits, but then I remembered Susytwo's buttermilk sage dumplings, which Moosemac reposted recently. It's a fairly biscuity recipe, so I made chicken and dumplings...or bumplings..with them covering the pot in the usual way. (The recipe was for soup dumplings.) That was all normal.

What I learned happened because my right sized mixing bowl was dirty and I didn't want to spend the time, effort or water washing it. I was looking around and saw my giant Anchor Hocking measuring bowl which I use for rising a single loaf of bread. It has much straighter sides than a mixing bowl.

When it came time to combine the dry and liquid, dash dash with the pastry blender and it was all done. A twist of the pastry blender and the sides were scraped and incorporated. This is the least handling I've ever managed for something like this. It was kind of magic. And goes in the dishwasher. (Well, so does the mixing bowl, but the bowl isn't magic.)

They were light and delicious and baked up biscuity on top and gooey good on the submerged part.

Thanks for the recipe, Moosemac and Susytwo!

Comments (2)