SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
primdawg

This old dog actually learned new tricks, but needs more training!

Annette Holbrook(z7a)
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

So I’ve evolved. Design styles that I never really got are now appealing to me. You guys on this site are to thank(or blame if you’re my husband lol). I now love arts and crafts, Mediterranean houses and Persian rugs! Of course, the purchase of a log cabin in the mountains was also a factor in this shift. My love of white trim and bright, modern county/farmhouse style and cheery fabrics just don’t work the same way in a log cabin.

Because of this enlightenment, the usual suspects in my design tool box just don’t work anymore, so I come here a lot to ask for help. So first I’d like to thank everyone for their patience with my endless questions and seeming indecision.

My hope is to be able to meld the old style with the new so as to not have to ditch some beloved pieces not to mention break the bank!

So I posted recently that we inherited a Persian rug previously owned by my husband’s grandmother. At first I wasn’t sure I could make it work but have since fallen in love with it and am determined to learn how to design with this as my jumping off point.

Here are a couple of pics of the rug,

A pic from the loft above, ignore the furniture

So here is my new dilemma. I need a rug under the table in the dining area which is about 8 feet to the left of this rug. This is a banquette if it matters.

My usual response would be to get a neutral Seagrass rug, and maybe that’s a good solution, but I’d love to hear what others may choose.

Do I go with another persian or similar? Can I do an Arts and Crafts style?

Here is the table I’m buying,

Here are the chairs I’m reusing, but will have new fabric cushions.

Would a rug like this work?

Comments (15)