SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sarika2012

Soft khaki brown area on caudex need some expert advice

s j
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I decided to pot up my adenium after 3years when I did the trunk was firm and fat and all the white part was hard I mixed a good bit of sharp sand into the cacti mix from Miracle gro I dipped in super thrive and then repot it. I did not water for a couple days and when I did the soils drains out the buttom in literally less than 10 seconds I did not put much thought to it other than I got the drainage part down really well. But after 2 weeks I noticed one part of the trunk that was swollen is soft like a cushion but part of the caudex was originally out the soil is khaki colored and new area was begun turning green I live in trinidad it's 36 degrees outside everyday and it's now beginning to rain a bit it's been a month since I repot on the same pot.i don't know what to do I love this plant I am at a loss as to whether my soil is to fast draining or if it's rot it has not dropped a leaf only one leaf turned yellow yesterday but I have been flooding it with water thinking I was not giving it enough thanks for your input really need the advice I don't want to disturb the plant agin

Comments (21)