SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
uscroy

Master Bathroom layout help please

uscpsycho
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I'm being indecisive about the shower/tub configuration of my master bathroom. The bathroom is 12' x 12' and I originally envisioned a giant cost-to-coast 12' shower with a standard sized tub enclosed. I like the way an entire wall of glass looks, lots of wow factor. However, I got an insane deal on a Jacuzzi Fuzion tub which is 5' x 6' and it is making me reconsider the design.

Below are the four layouts I'm considering. In two of them the tub is still inside the shower cavity and in two of them it is outside. Try to envision what the elevations would look like. One of the things that is on my mind is having a giant wall of glass in front of you when you're using the toilet. I don't know why this bothers me because there is more room between the toilet and the glass than in a typical bathroom or WC.

In all cases the shower is curbless.

The designs with the tub outside the shower have a bench, the designs with the tub inside the shower will use the tub's deck as the bench. The blue lines are the glass. The wall by the toilet is a pony wall, it doesn't go up to the ceiling. And the door opens in, not out. That was a sleep-deprived oopsie.

If I put the tub outside the shower I would consider making this a steam shower but I already have steam in another bathroom so probably wouldn't be worth the expense.

I know the oversized shower might be cold and drafty. I have a bathroom vent with a built in heater and heated floors to combat the cold plus I live in Southern California. So let's ignore that and consider other factors.

THANKS!

This is what the tub looks like:

Tub outside the shower:

Tub inside the shower:

Comments (10)