SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mshellca

Master Bathroom Layout Help, PLEASE!

Michelle
3 years ago

We're in the middle of a major remodel and I think I set up our master bathroom the wrong way. I think this photo might be a better layout that what I had the architect draw up.

Ours:

What I just saw online:

We have a small shower (31" x 35") where the vanity in the photo is, then a freestanding tub where the shower is. Our vanity is where their tub is. Our space for a vanity is 70", but a 42" is big enough for us, we've had that size before. I would rather have a bigger shower than vanity... I think.

Space is at a premium. We got rid of our 1st floor laundry room to make the kitchen bigger, so I'm stacking the washer and dryer in the master closet. It's small, but will work.

I'm going to post my less-than profesional Excel drawings of our floor plans to see if I can get any advice. The total bathroom area is pretty small (146" x 132"). There is a new bay window over the place designated for the tub, but our contractor said it would only take a day to change the plumbing and windows around if we like this layout better. What would you do?

Thank you for any advice! The drawing on the left is if we change to make it like the photo, the one on the right is what I was originally thinking. Is there a better option that I haven't considered??

Comments (7)