SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sharon2079

Where do you purchase most of your rose

sharon2079
8 years ago

I use to get mine from Costco, Lowes, or Home Depot, but thanks to this site I learned about Chamblee's Roses in Texas. It took me awhile to get the courage to order online plants, but after reading some of your posts I decided to bite the bullet. I am glad that I did. They had great plants.

Also thanks to this site SoFL told about a place called Cool Roses that has many varieties on Fortuiana Root stock. The people there were very pleasant and helpful. I got several nice bushes from there.

Then thanks to Kublakan, I found out about Pops Nursery and were able to get several of Nelson Roses also on Fortuiana Root stock.

I also found out there is a Rose Petal Nursery and Angels Garden Nursery here in Florida.

So I was wondering if people would like to share how and where they get there roses, as I find it helpful..... and I am sure others will as well.

Plus, do any of you ever want a rose so bad, that you have order from overseas? I see that Bethnorcal9 has alot of roses that is not listed in helpmefind as being sold in the us..... And you really make me drool over some of your beauties Beth such as La Rose Optimiste, and LET'S CELEBRATE and that was just your L's that you posted :)

And there is the rose called Colby School that someone in Virgina has, however in helpmefind it too is not listed in the US.....But I want this for its namesake alone.

So for those like me who might be a little intimidated by normally purchasing online, where do you normally get your roses. Do you limit yourselves to local grown roses where you go and pick them up. Do you order on line from major retailers or the smaller garden nurseries. And how many of you have had the courage to order from overseas?

Give your pluses and minuses, pros and cons.....

Comments (16)