SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
javiwa

Bosch convection oven error code E011: well, that didn't take long!

javiwa
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

We purchased our Bosch 30" convection oven in April, but just installed it early last month. I've contacted Bosch about extending the one-year warranty to begin at installation (not purchase) date -- no such luck.

We've used the oven several times a week since Thanksgiving without issue. Yesterday, we set the oven timer for about 20 minutes -- no problem. About an hour later (all functions off), the oven started to beep, E011 flashing on and off. No amount of button pressing/clearing or knob turning would shut it off.

Per online Bosch service manual for their oven (different model #): A button was pressed for too long or has jammed. After 1/2 hour of incessant flashing and beeping, DH had to cut off the breaker.

All yesterday afternoon (oven NOT in use at all), the error code flashing and beeping repeated. And the only remedy was to shutoff the breaker.

I'll call Bosch tomorrow to schedule a visit, but anyone else have this issue? I was very leery about buying a new appliance (a la they don't make them like they used to), but DW tub seal leak August 2014 led to a kitchen reno. If I had my druthers, I would've kept my 24 y/o Whirlpool oven that was going strong, but everyone told me this would be a bad idea.

I'm just so incredibly disappointed that we're having issues this early on -- however, glad this is happening during warranty. I'm going to email Bosch and document as many of these issues as possible so that even if out of warranty, repairs will be covered.

Comments (58)

• javiwa
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Reporting back! Bosch rep came by, took the oven apart, checked everything and replaced the upper panel (main computer board, I presume). He said that in cases such as mine where the oven seems to come to life when not being used, it's very difficult to diagnose. So if the unit's still under warranty, they take the customer's word for it and just replace the main panel -- he said he didn't need to see my video (yeah...I took one). :)

Get this: when I asked him how I might purchase an extended warranty from Bosch, he told me Bosch didn't offer this, and to check with my dealer. When I told him it was the dealer who referred me to him/Bosch, he seemed very surprised.

rikerk: curious -- who sold you the extended warranty? Could be nice piece of mind.

• rikerk
    8 years ago

I bought my extended warranty from the appliance store when I purchased the oven and the steam oven...they are not getting installed until next month so no idea how well they work. Did you ask them about the induction shutting itself off. I am still undecided if I am getting the flex induction or not. I may just stick with gas.

I don't know where or if you can get the extended warranty after the fact. Atleast they replaced those parts for you and didn't say they couldn't duplicate it.

javiwa thanked rikerk
  • Related Discussions

Double Convection Oven Selection

Q

Comments (19)
    I had a request for a follow-up regarding our oven selection. Happy to help. We ultimately chose the Electrolux w/Wave Touch (EW30EW65GS). It has been installed about three months and we have been very pleased so far. The oven heats evenly and the easy-glide racks are lovely to have and seem very sturdy. The controls, if not exactly intuitive, are easy to learn and are nice looking. I like that they are "hidden" (e.g. go dark) when not in use. It keeps everything looking clean and neat. We have yet to use the heat probe or the self-cleaning function, so I cannot speak to those. We have baked, broiled, and dried fruit and have been very pleased with the results. Two complaints -- minor though they may be -- are that: (1) the oven doesn't heat overly quickly; and (2) I find that the blue controls are hard to read from anything other than point blank range. The oven doesn't heat slowly; it just doesn't knock our socks off with its speed. Regarding the blue controls, that may be a function of my age more than the oven itself! I find colors that contrast a great deal from their background much easier to read and the blue-on-black just doesn't meet that standard. I wouldn't choose another oven over this one for that reason, but wanted to be forthcoming. We chose this oven over the Wolf models based on the feedback we received regarding the issues that some had with chipping enamel and price. I didn't want to pay the latter and get the former! We do have a Wolf range top, however, and I wouldn't trade it for all of the tea in China! Overall, we are very pleased. The unit seems well built. It is quiet, although makes more noise in convection mode of course, and stylish. I would recommend it to others at this point. Good luck.
    ...See More

Convection Oven Takes Forever to Warm Up

Q

Comments (32)
    OK, back to preheating -- when I was researching ovens last year, I learned that a new Thermador oven had a "fast preheat" feature, that took only 8 minutes. WHAT? I thought? My ancient GE oven takes less time than that to beep! That's when reality came crashing down. Not only was my GE oven not heating to temp for much longer, according to two oven thermometers, it never really did. Since then, I've learned how to preheat. I've learned when to start the oven depending on what I'm making, and if something really is sensitive to temperature, then I wait past the beep. Many things don't care if the oven is at temperature -- for instance, there's no reason not to put a covered lasagnas into the oven as the oven's heating. Cookies are more sensitive. I hate that most recipes call for preheating first -- I have one recipe that says to preheat, then chill a dough for an hour! Thermador's "fast preheat" meant it turned on all the heating elements at the same time. I figured I could do that manually on an oven that costs a whole lot less, especially since I've learned a little more about cooking and baking and what really needs a hot oven. So I looked elsewhere and got hooked on GE monogram double ovens --before realizing they cost almost as much! :-( And without the cute analog clock or fast-preheat feature, but the glide racks sold me.
    ...See More

New Bosch range convection fan not moving?

Q

Comments (8)
    emmie, I should have gone to your link before I wrote an answer to ou post. I didn't realize that you had a gas range with convection. I would think that some of the things I am going to tell you may still be the same whether one has gas or electric. Do you have a convection bake mode and also a convection roast mode? If you have these two settings you might want to see if the fan works with both . I have had great problems with 2 new LG convection electric ranges. While the oven preheated to set temperature the fan stayed on. Once Temperature came to correct heat the fan would go off. Without opening the oven door I timed 15 minutes before the fan came back on. Then it would cycle on 40 seconds and off 30. If the oven door was opened the fan would go back off for an extended period of time. LG insists that this is how the fan is supposed to operate. However the convection multirack baking was terribe. My new GE Profile does another strange thing. The fan goes in one direction for about 30 seconds and then stops for about 15 seconds and then reverses direction. So far the multirack baking results are very good. Maybe your Bosch is doing something like these two ranges. Let me know how you get along. I am very interested. Everyone seems to think that on convection settings the fan should stay on. Maybe the manufacturers are trying something new on their products, having fan go on and off. Pretty soon they will come up with a new name as well to confuse us all.
    ...See More

DH getting mad at me for taking so long deciding. Help!

Q

Comments (26)
    Joining the party a bit late - but going through the same issues on our kitchen redesign. Should be easy as I am only dealing with cooking. After a month of reading reviews and playing with ovens and cooktops, I think I decided on the following: Wolf e series oven (was very close to the elux icon as I loved the racks). Final decision - size of the oven, 2 convection fans and on sale! Wolf 36 inch induction cooktop - Ann Arbor building inspectors are following the make up air handling very strictly and need to keep the vent under 400cfm or would have to add a make up air system - which outweighed the benefits. Also considered the miele, thermador, and a late addition - JennAire - but the sleek look of the Wolf won plus it is on sale. GE Advantium Monogram speed oven - This will be over the Wolf oven and I think it will look OK - similar handles and overall appearance. Also considered the Miele and Elux. I have a newer Elux French door fridge and love it - it has the LED lighting.(but no ice/water through the door) It cost a bit more than some others but it has saved me $$ in less wasted food. When I headed out of town for 2 weeks urgently and returned with the milk and lettuce still usable - need I say more? Also, I took my favorite serving dishes and tested the various units -the elux was set up best. I also have a Miele dishwasher. It is several years old and I will re-use it. It is so quiet that I have to put my ear near to verify it is running. The door pops open to assist in drying at the end of the cycle. I also took my favorite dishes to try in the dishwasher - I can put 14 place settings in the dishwasher and run my china and crystal in the dishwasher! Hope I made the right decisions on the new appliances - the posts have been helpful!
    ...See More
  • javiwa
    Original Author
    8 years ago

No, I didn't mention the induction cooktop incidents because we had to (again!) pull our cooktop out: countertops were installed weeks ago, but installers are having issues with properly sealing. So, we're going through a seemingly unending process of strip, seal, strip, seal, etc. We'll keep an eye on this one, but it's not happened again; and the cooktop otherwise works like a dream. We didn't have many options as we were replacing a 24 y/o electric coil cooktop (I've always cooked with electric and wouldn't ever switch to gas; I suppose it's what one is used to.). If you have no urgent reason to move from gas, I'd personally stick with what you know is reliable -- my two cents (and perhaps I'm a bit jaded after this whole experience).

I did, however, mention that the speed oven/micro's handle was jiggly/loose on the right side. I actually remember reading about this on GW when I was researching Bosch, and poster remarked how the entire door had to be ordered. Bosch guy was great! I fully expected him to say this issue wasn't part of the original service call, I'd have to make a separate call, yada-yada. But he said he would handle placing the order for a new door and set up the appointment: he'll be back out on the 18th! :)

And, yes, VERY happy and satisfied that he went ahead and replaced the panel after doing his due diligence (make sure everything was installed and connected properly).

Extended warranty: when I spoke to both my dealer (appliance store) and the Bosch repairman yesterday, I didn't get the sense that it was an 'after purchase' issue -- it just didn't sound like either offered an extended warranty, period. Even the Bosch guy was very surprised at this, saying that selling warranties (much like insurance) was a money maker. I cynically thought, "not if the products are unreliable or are prone to break down, resulting in the company having to pay out more than they bring in."

• sjhockeyfan325
    8 years ago

I know of no appliance mftr that offers the extended warranty itself. I'm surprised that your dealer doesn't offer one since they're almost always third-party insurance policies. Do some web research. You might be able to buy one on-line v

javiwa thanked sjhockeyfan325
  • javiwa
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Thanks, sjhockey -- yup, they're usually chomping at the bit! In past years (decades, actually, back when Kenmore was rock solid), the Sears salesperson always followed up the sale by sticking the EW form under our noses! ;)

ETA: The Bosch guy did counsel that oftentimes, an extended warranty won't cover nearly as much as we consumers think (hope?) they'll cover. As always, read the fine print very carefully.

• sjhockeyfan325
    8 years ago

Do you know about http://Square Trade?

javiwa thanked sjhockeyfan325
  • javiwa
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Hmmm...no. But I'm about to. ;) Recommended?

• javiwa
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Dang...just saw this on their website (under appliances):

• javiwa
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Boooooooo!!!!! It did it again...Error 011, completely out of the blue. Ugh! Will need to have tech look at it again.

• rikerk
    8 years ago

That really stinks, but Atleast it happened again while it is still under warranty. Hopefully they will get to you quicker this time since the holidays are over.

javiwa thanked rikerk
  • javiwa
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Yeah, really does stink, doesn't it? When it sounded off yesterday, DH and I happened to be in the kitchen -- we both just looked at each other: "No waaaayyyyy!"

The tech is actually already scheduled to visit again next week: speed oven handle was wobbly on one side, so he came out a few days ago to replace. After futzing with it for almost a couple of hours (to include a side trip to Big Box to get a special 'clip' to remove the speed oven door), he said he'd have to order the clip from Bosch/factory. Called Monday afternoon to say that the clip "isn't available", and that they're just going to replace the entire speed oven. I guess Bosch's markups are able to absorb this sort of loss -- doesn't seem very efficient to me: handle's wiggly, so they replace the entire oven!

Some would be jumping for joy, getting a new unit. But, better the devil you know: at least the current unit has been operating problem-free for a couple of months. We'll have two months (left on original warranty, as I don't believe yet another one-year warranty kicks in) to use and abuse it (tech's words).

• rikerk
    8 years ago

How do you like the speed oven? Do you have the 800 series or the benchmark? We still haven't installed ours as I keep thinking of more projects to do :)

• javiwa
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Well, your extended warranty is giving you plenty of breathing room. :)

We have the Benchmark. I'll be able to give a more fair rating once the kitchen's finished and we can settle into life again. So, some quick thoughts for now:

We're almost empty nesters (DH says we're full on, and that when kids come back from college break, that doesn't count as partially full nest! I'm fighting the EN concept tooth and nail!), and love the option of the speed oven as a second, smaller oven. In that respect, it's been perfect! It takes a tiny hassle having to pulling the baking rack (presumably, for convection oven use only) in and out, depending on whether we're using micro or convection mode. Perfectly fine trade-off...another 'new normal'.

Maybe it's the control freak in me, but I don't trust these modes and Auto Chef (yet). I've cooked and baked for so many years, I already have a keen sense of how long it takes to cook what, using whatever appliance. In the beginning, I ceded control to whatever program it is that bakes potatoes...failure. The power shut off far too early (in my estimation), and the potatoes were still very hard. Frozen Foods did okay, but it's easier for me to just set the microwave timer the old fashioned way, rather than hunt around to see if there's a special button for it on the keypad, etc., etc. And don't get me started on the More Modes button -- scrolling through 1-6, as who can really remember what's hidden in there? (Have to say, the Melt Chocolate mode came in very handy during my 20+ batches of peppermint bark last month!)

AutoChef - Still really don't understand what happens during this mode. Manual says AC is a combination of convection and microwave cooking (presumably simultaneously...?). There have been times when I wanted to test out cooking, say, a roast chicken; but I have only a metal pan that'll fit. This is where the manual is confusing (and several calls to Bosch has just led to more confusion and conflicting statements): manual says never to use metal pans during microwave functions. Yet, within AutoChef for brownies, it says to use metal pan. So, if it's okay to use a metal pan during AutoChef/Brownies, why not while using the other AutoChef modes 1-9?

So, until I find time (and desire!) to go out and purchase new pans, I can't quite yet test the various AutoChef modes.

Here's a pro tip for ya: if you happen to (ahem) explode butter in the unit (not that anyone here has left the plastic wrap a little too loose!), good luck cleaning, given all the holes in the SS walls and back/fan panel -- not to mention getting up underneath the top coil (not removable, as far as I can tell.

Again, all of this speaks more to my/our getting accustomed to this new-fangled appliance than the appliance itself...I think...for now.

• rikerk
    8 years ago

So did you stack the benchmark speed oven with the 500 series oven? Do the lighting displays match? DH doesn't even know that we are updating the current wall oven and replacing with the side swing oven with the steam oven over it. They have been in the garage hall waiting for the contractor. I have had the GE profile wall oven for 5+ years and have never had a problem. I hope I am not sorry with these Bosch units.

It started with replacing the hood with a custom wooden hood, which has turned into replacing the backsplash. Which led to the oven stack etc...

That is really interesting about the auto chef and the metal pan dilemma and that you can't get a definitive answer

• javiwa
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Yup...stacked in a somewhat customized appliance cabinet. Here they are (shot from a couple of months back):

Funny, your asking about the display. I don't know if it's just something we just didn't pay attention to before, but DH noticed recently that the regular oven's display (bright white) is much brighter than the replacement speed oven's (not so bright - pale blue):

Someone a while back (years?) commented that the different number fonts on her two oven displays really bothered her, but display variability is the least of our concerns, frankly. (ETA: no offense intended to that poster...different strokes for different folks!)

AutoChef and pan dilemma: When I came across this contradiction in the manual, I googled and found rebunky started a thread on this exact topic, here. All roads lead to GW! :)

• weedmeister
    8 years ago

I think the question here is, does the unit actually use microwave power when making brownies this way?

I also seem to remember something somewhere about being able to use metal pans in a microwave but only if they were shallow and not covered. After all, the sides are all metal, and for mine the turntable is metal.

javiwa thanked weedmeister
  • javiwa
    Original Author
    8 years ago

weedmeister: The opening paragraph of the Automatic Programs section (Use and Care Manual) states: "The automatic programs let you prepare food...using Microwave and conventional heat."

And it goes directly into the Auto Chef section (being one of the Automatic Programs), which notes: "Only use ovenware that is suited for both microwave and conventional cooking."

It goes on to list the 1-9 Auto Chef options, with 9-Brownies stating: "For best results, use a 9" metal pan."

So, as the 9-Brownies section is under the Auto Chef section which falls under the Automatic Program descriptor, I'm assuming brownies cook with a combination of both. (Otherwise, why designate an entire program to brownies?). I know I'm giving a use/care manual far too much credit, but it's all I've got, really.

To your points about the sides and turntable being metal (just like mine), that's exactly what I thought! There's a lot of discussion on the internet about why it's okay to use those metal racks that come with microwave ovens (metal rack never actually touches the metal sides of the oven, discussion about how the metal rack ends are rounded as opposed to end at a point, etc.).

• rikerk
    8 years ago

The benchmark looks great stacked with the 500 series oven. I never even thought twice about appliance displays or handles until I started frequenting gardenweb.

javiwa thanked rikerk
  • javiwa
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Haha..yeah, same here. However, thinking about it and actually doing something about it are two different things -- which explains why I won't be replacing my bright white fridge (that sits right next to the SS oven stack) nor my black DW. Also will not be posting much of a reveal, once this kitchen's finally done, as many GWers would break out in hives seeing my mismatched appliances. ;)

• ifoco
    8 years ago

You might check with "Assurant Solutions" to see if you can purchase an extended warranty thru them. I recently purchased a GE French Door wall oven (one yr warranty) they apparently have GE's blessing to use their logo in trying to sell extended warranties. I haven't yet but strongly considering.

Inga

javiwa thanked ifoco
  • javiwa
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Inga -- I may check it out more thoroughly as an option. However, upon very cursory googling, this company doesn't fare well at all in Yelp reviews; and it doesn't garner any better comments on ConsumerAffairs and RipoffReport blogs/sites.

• javiwa
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Bosch tech guy stopped by yesterday. When I explained the oven had come to life and coded again, he got on the phone with Bosch engineering dept -- they told him to simply remove the center screw (underneath the SS upper control panel/face):

Presumably, this screw connects the electronic panel to the front SS panel and causes some sort of short. I dunno...would be amazing if it turns out to be the case, right?

• allenf8888
    8 years ago

Granted I am late to this discussion, but I have become desperate for an answer since I have the exact problem. My warrantee expired a while ago and I have just lived with this problem by not using my oven at all, or very few times because no matter what I try, the E011 always comes back/ Actually, after a day or so, the error disappeared. However, I am stuck with an oven that I really can't use. I do have the extended warrantee through my credit card but Bosch no longer uses its factory servicemen but refers you to a list of local repair companies who are "trained" in Bosch repairs. I tried calling one and they never called back. I would gladly try again if I had any idea what the problem was since I can see this scenario going on forever and ever. Botton line- did the screw removal work or are you still stuck with a lemon? Thanks

javiwa thanked allenf8888
  • cpartist
    8 years ago

as many GWers would break out in hives seeing my mismatched appliances. ;)

Your kitchen looks beautiful so far and I for one would love to see it mismatched or not.

javiwa thanked cpartist
  • javiwa
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Awww thanks, cpartist. :) Hope you're a patient soul, given how long it's taking just to work out a proper sealant for my quartzite counters. But, we're really happy with how our choices are coming along, given this has been a bit of a kitchen w/o a plan.

allenf: I'm happy to report that ever since the screw was removed, the oven hasn't coded again. However, whether mere coincidence or an actual fix, who knows? It's worth a shot for you, though -- good luck! Our oven otherwise works fine, so by far, not a lemon.

• allenf8888
    8 years ago

Thanks for the update. I'll try it and see what happens. Still much better than paying multiple repair persons who have probably less expertise in fixing the over than you do.

• rikerk
    7 years ago

Javiwa just curious how has your oven been since the tech remove that screw. Few mon this back? Any more trouble

• javiwa
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Hey, rikerk! I hope I'm not jinxing myself by posting this (knocking wood!), but the oven has been problem free since the fix.

If I have to fault this unit for anything, it's the difficult time I'm having setting the oven timer. When I press my finger on the + or - to set the minutes for a second or two too long, the number of minutes goes to too higher a number (will jump by 10 minutes, 13 minutes...just random jumps). If I need to set the timer for 20 minutes, for example, I have to hit the + button 20 times...frustrating. Thankfully, I have other timers in the kitchen I can use. (Anyone have any tips on this? TIA.)

• rikerk
    7 years ago

Lol I hope I didn't jinx you as well. Can't help with the timer issue

javiwa thanked rikerk
  • allenf8888
    7 years ago

I only wish I could add a positive comment, but I can't. I did remove the screw but it didn't help. I still am delaying calling a repairman as the oven is not under warrantee and I know what will happen- Service call- $. Will be told need part- probably the control board. Repairman will order and charge me twice as much as I could buy it for on line. Additional service call fee plus installation fee extra. Of course, there is only a small chance that it will solve the problem, but if not, more service calls and more parts and no refunds for parts installed or for service calls. I am just using the oven as best I could and have at least gotten to the point where after about 3 hours I can eliminate repetition of the sound

• javiwa
    Original Author
    7 years ago

allenf -- Truly so sorry to hear the quick fix didn't do anything...which could very well mean my 'fix' is only temporary. 3 hours? Oh, man. Is resetting at the circuit box not an option? It's a hassle, but better than listening to the non-stop beeping for three hours. What a shame. Would you even try calling Bosch, and maybe pointing them to this thread so they know this is a problem with their ovens? Might be worth a shot....good luck.

• allenf8888
    7 years ago

Actually, the oven has a mind of its own. It beeps whenever it wants. No logic to when or why. Fortunately, it isn't for 3 hours straight. However, at least twice it went off at about 1:30 or 2 a.m. I was thinking of calling Bosch, but I really have to bein a good mood to endure the B.S I will receive. Just dreading the all but I know it is an eventuality

• nels1678
    7 years ago

Hey Guys, thought I'd chime in since we also have the benchmark speed oven over a 500 series oven. So far our experience has been pretty meh. The speed oven had a scratch in the glass door (we watched as our electrician opened the box so we know he didn't do it). After a couple of phone calls and some negotiation Bosch did agree to have one of their local contractors repair it. The first time they came out, Bosch sent them the wrong parts. The second time, the replacement panel was dented! I think the local contractor is about as frustrated with Bosch as we are. What's probably most annoying is that unlike the oven, the door to the speed oven isn't removable. They have to pry it apart to get at the glass to replace it.

The other issue we are having is that the control panel on the 500 series oven lags horribly. The dials are great, but if you say want to set the timer to 30minutes by holding the arrow down, it will keep going for about a second after you release your finger. So say you release at "20", it will keep scrolling up to maybe 40. It's a giant guessing game where it will actually land. As a software engineer, I've got a sense for how terrible this is. In this day and age, there is absolutely no excuse that a UI this bad would be released with a multi-thousand dollar appliance. $50 microwaves have had this solved for decades.

• javiwa
    Original Author
    7 years ago

rikerk: If you're still around, mind if I ask what you paid for the extended warranty? I just received something in the mail from Bosch: 4 years for $1,404. TY!

• rikerk
    7 years ago

Javiwa I didn't get the extended warranty fdirect from Bosch. I bought it with the side swing oven and the steam oven from aj Madison. They gave me a special I think it was $299 or $349 for 5 years and covers both appliances

javiwa thanked rikerk
  • javiwa
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Aah, I see. Quite a cost difference, though our warranty is for four items. As I sat here contemplating the value of a pricey warranty, my induction cooktop just turned itself off again while I was boiling a small saucepan of pasta. This is only the third time in 7-8 months (shutoff, not pasta cooking!), but I wonder if it's a sign. Up until about 10 minutes ago, I was ready to toss out the warranty forms. Ugh.

• allenf8888
    7 years ago

Does anyone think that we are all facing defective products that are being manufactured by Bosch without any regard to the quality of the product? Was wondering how many others like us are facing the same problems without any realistic solution. When was the last time so many people thought that an extended warrantee was absolutely necessary? I don't even remember when it occurred to me to even think of purchasing an extended warrantee, Sounds like some class action lawsuit should be brewing. I may try to do some research to find a government agency that is in charge of defective house products. We can't be the only ones who are having these issues. Look at all the airbag problems and the diesel issues with Volkswagen. I just can't believe that Bosch didn't know of these issues or when they found out about them that they just decided to stonewall. Maybe the oven is affecting my mind and I am becoming paranoid.

• javiwa
    Original Author
    7 years ago

I really don't know that Bosch is the only company that doesn't "make things like they used to." In 25 years of home ownership, we're on dishwasher #3 and washing machine #3. Perhaps that's considered longevity these days, but I think back to the time when my parents' appliances seemed to last forever. Though, perhaps 8 years seemed like forever in the mind of a child. :)

I tried to find out the cost of the electronic control board for the wall oven, and it appears to be $170.10, here. I assume the electronic board is included, since I don't see a control panel listed separately as a part anywhere else in the search. And when the rep removed this panel the first time he was out, the electronic board was attached to this top/front panel of the oven. This is the most expensive part that could go bad, right? DH is very handy, so could/would handle all the repairs. $1,404 would buy 7 of these boards, and I highly doubt we'll blow through 7 in 4 years' time.

The PC board for the cooktop runs $213-$240. For us, it doesn't seem this plan would be worth it to us.

• allenf8888
    7 years ago

I absolutely agree that Bosch is not the only company that sells products that may need repairs. What I object to is the lack of responsibility of any manufacturer who produces a defective product and just hopes that they can get through the warrantee period without too many complaints so they don't have to fix all of their products. It doesn't help when the repair person resorts to implying that there is really nothing wrong with the appliance or performs a temporary fix so that the manufacturer can escape liability. I also think that it is the control board and eventually I will get around to calling Bosch or a repair person. Reminds me of a incident when my office had an issue with a copying machine. The repairman came out and had to replace a large metal item. It was replaced with a plastic product and I asked him if this was due to the manufacturer trying to save money on parts with the anticipation that as long as the company's bottom line was better, the manufacturer didn't care how many times the item had to be replaced as it would affect the bottom line of a future CEO and not their present CEO. The repairman said "Your'e exactly on point". It's the world we live in, not just Bosch

• ultrablueplanet
    7 years ago

javiwa, may I ask if you have experienced the 011 error code since the screw was removed? It's now 10 months since you removed it, was wondering because I am having the exact same problem with a Bosch oven.

javiwa thanked ultrablueplanet
  • javiwa
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Hi, ultrablueplanet -- Knock wood, the error code hasn't reappeared. If you're still within warranty, I'd place a call. Heck, even if you're slightly out of warranty, it might not hurt to call and refer to this thread as documentation that others are having the same issue. Good luck.

• Jodi Wood
    6 years ago

We just installed our Bosch HBL8752 Combination Oven. I've used it a grand total of 2 times and last night the oven started beeping and error code E011 started. I called Bosch directly and they told me to turn off the power at the breaker, leave off for 20 minutes and turn back on. I did, and the beeping started again this morning. We have a technician coming out next week but really?! I'm so irritated right now. I've already put a call into our sales rep at the appliance store. I'm going to push to get a brand new one. Obviously we're under the 1 yr warranty but I know how these things go. . . . I probably got a lemon. :-(

javiwa thanked Jodi Wood
  • javiwa
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Bummer, Jodi -- but keep on them, and document all phone calls 'just in case' of whatever. I even got to a point where I sat there with my iPhone and tried to capture the beeping on video, in case I wasn't able to reproduce the problem when the technician arrived (doesn't it always happen that way?!). I can't help but think it's not a well document issue by now. Still, clearly, the Bosch folks definitely don't have a consistent fix, judging by this thread. Whatever the issue was with mine, we haven't had that error code again. It could be that different things are causing the error code, but in my particular case, removing the screw did the trick. Good luck -- it IS frustrating to spend this sort of money on brand new appliances and have issues from the get-go. And to think DH laughed at me when I begged to keep my 25 y/o oven and microwave when we were redoing our kitchen! :)

• Debs Tann
    5 years ago

It is now 2018 and I am wondering if bosch sent me your broken ovens. Currently, I used mine got the different error codes called my salesman who told me to trip the circuit breaker. It did reset but then I would get additional error codes so they e sent the Bosch technician who looks like he just graduated high school, he looked at it and like you say when they are in the house you cant get an error code. Of course he leaves and what happens I get an error code. Call for service again and he tells me he needs to order all these parts. I tell him he needs to write in his notes that customer is requesting a new oven. He says he will send request to bosch and it is up to supplier to work it out with bosch. So, now I am waiting for a NEW oven, I am still under warranty but they agreed to change it. So I see these complaints from 2016, dont you think Bosch would have done something technical with this issue? Curious to see how long new oven willtake

javiwa thanked Debs Tann
  • Debs Tann
    5 years ago

Before new oven has an error code

javiwa thanked Debs Tann
  • javiwa
    Original Author
    5 years ago

What a hassle, Debs, but at least Bosch has agreed to provide a new oven. You might want to see if they'll start a new warranty period based on the installation date of the new unit -- emphasize you're making this request, given the issues you (and others) had with the first oven, it was an expensive purchase, etc.

I'm not at home now to check my paperwork, but when the tech provided us with a replacement control panel, he said a new warranty period would start from that day. Good luck.

• Marian
    2 years ago

@javiwa - We have the same set up as you. It has been 5 years since I bought it and in the past couple of months ago started giving me issues. E011 and then E305. We replaced the main control board and had not code for about a week and it started beeping again and displaying E011 or E305. I'm going nuts trying to figure out how to fix it. We just removed the screw you mentioned in a previous post. Is your over still working?

javiwa thanked Marian
  • javiwa
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@Marian: knock wood, ours has been working fine. Memory is fuzzy, as hubby was in and out of the kitchen for a while, dismantling both the Bosch speed oven and convection oven boards, muttering about cheap-a$$, fuses, replacing them, etc., etc. Were he not so handy, I'd be really upset having to have either replaced these units by now, or spending $$ purchasing new boards -- none of which would have made me very happy.

• HU-826101053
    last year

We purchased our Bosch oven two years ago and we seem to be having the same problem since the beginning. The oven shuts off sometimes when I open the door to check on something. The chime goes off with code E011 and a 1 800 number to call. They were out four times, replacing parts etc and finally ordered us a new oven. After waiting 7 months we finally got it the other day. Today is the second time I’ve used it and the chime started, the oven turned off and the code E011 was displayed. some of you have mentioned removing a screw. Where might this screw be found? so frustrating!