SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jacqueline9ca

Pink Pet/Caldwell Pink

jacqueline9CA
8 years ago

In my garden right now, most of the roses are dormant. I have over 100 roses, and I had a dinner party the other night. I was able to pick about 10 roses for a table centerpiece, but that was ALL of the roses on the bushes - just one or two scattered here or there. We are having our normal long, hot summer. Added to 4 years of drought, the roses are sensibly resting.

Anyway, the only one of my roses which is in full bloom (or actually just finishing - it will start up again soon) right now is Pink Pet. I love this rose. I have had it for about 3 years. It took a while to get going, and the deer love it unfortunately, but it just keeps marching on and blooming. Here are some pics I just took 5 minutes ago.

Jackie

I bought mine as the found rose "Caldwell Pink", but HMF says they think this is really 'Pink Pet' (Lilley, 1928). ARS says it is a china, although evidently it was introduced as a polyantha. Acts like a china in my garden - small, twiggy growth, loves the heat. I was wondering, does anyone know if this ID has ever been confirmed by DNA?

Jackie

Comments (15)