SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
leekle2mane

Late Winter/Early Spring Bulbs

Watching various British gardening shows, they love this time of the year, or next month they will as all the spring bulbs pop up to carpet their gardens. Unfortunately, many of them need that cold spell during winter to do their thing, something we lack. I know there are people who will dig up their tulip/daffodil bulbs and refrigerate them, but I am more the type that expects things to live in the garden where I put them. With the exception of a few potted plants and my Tropical bed, everything is left to fend for themselves all-year. This Spring I thought I would add a few Amaryllis bulbs to my Tropical bed and two are already sending up flowers. Ialso have my Sangria crinum, but Crinums are pretty much all-year attention-grabbeds with their foliage and the flowers are just icing on the cake. And, of course, there are Caladiums with their all-Summer Flaunting of Foliage. So with my normal penchant for rambling out of the way:

Do we Floridians have any options for that Spring-time 'WOW Factor' before the rest of the gardens wake up and take back the show?

Comments (11)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus