SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dirty_gardener

Garden plans for 2024?

dirtygardener
3 months ago
last modified: 3 months ago

What are your garden plans for 2024? I noticed that the 2023 thread had been bumped, so I decided to start a new one just for this year.

I should call this thread "best laid plans," because something always seems to go awry with my garden plans. Last year, I was going to redo all the garden beds. Never got around to it.

So this year, I'm going to try again, starting with selling most of my larger plants that don't produce food. I'm sort of addicted to the Lowe's death racks, and have just rescued way too many plants. The upside is that i hardly propagated anything this year, so I didn't have a lot of tiny plants to protect from the freeze.

Even with as little space as I have to garden, I've created a monster here. I'm old now, and I just can't take care of it all anymore. Well, I could, but I don't want to. I want to pursue other interesting things, like jewelry making, that don't take as much physical labor. i've left two places now because I couldn't take care of the yard...first my 5 acres in SC, then my 1/4 acre in SW FL, but I'm not leaving here...just downsizing the garden. The older I get, the less large-scale gardening appeals to me.

So as soon as this freeze is over this week, I'll start selling things and digging things up. Anyone in the Greater Gainesville area that would like to help me, I'll pay you with plants. I'm being serious.

Comments (6)