SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosefolly_gw

The Travelling Library, or How to Manage a Vacation

rosefolly
14 years ago

I generally have a wonderful time when on vacation, visiting friends, visiting historic sites, exploring gardens, being stunned by dramatic landscapes. Inevitably traveling involves a lot of time spent waiting, waiting for the train, waiting for the bus, waiting for a plane. Once those wonderful conveyances arrive, much time is spent being on them. And it is impossible to get up and busy yourself in your normal occupations. Clearly books and traveling are made for each other. The drawback is that books are heavy. So what to do?

The other day I headed out to paperback fiction section of a local used books. I bought a dozen battered paperbacks, the older pocket sized, not the newer size that is similar to a hardback. Unless I am very much surprised, none of them will come back home with me. As I travel around and finish them one by one, my suitcase will get lighter and roomier, just the opposite of what I would expect if I ran out of reading material while on my trip and had to refuel.

I expect to have my usual wonderful time. And there will be no frantic searching for a local bookstore when I run out of reading material.

Rosefolly

Comments (15)