January 2024 - What are you reading now?
2 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (88)
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
Related Discussions
What Are You Reading? March 2024 Edition
Comments (64)I've come to the conclusion that if I fill up my life with misery, the stories consumed through novels, then..... THAT IS MY LIFE. faftris...I'm so sorry for your losses. I understand that good writing and making the reader feel emotions for the characters misery is NOT the course I would wish to set my life on either. I also do not care to hear about drug addiction, murder, racism... or a multitude of other attrocities....See MoreWhat are you reading? May 2024 Edition
Comments (77)Salonva - Beach Music - I haven’t thought about that book for quite awhile. It was a gift from a former fiance’ - I broke off the relationship - and never read the book. I don’t know why I didn’t read it - he and I stayed close friends (I wasn’t ready for the relationship - was too soon after I ended a previous serious relationship). I‘m sure it’s still on shelf in one of my closets. I have to have surgery 😕- and need some good books (and happened to find this post) - I am going to go find it! I also need some ”light” reads for right after surgery - if anyone has some ideas, please let me know. I like a fairly wide variety of genres - but for right after surgery, I‘ll need some suggestions that are ”lighter“ = easy on the brain (I will be taking some pretty strong pain meds for the first 3-4 weeks). Nothing depressing for right after surgery. I don’t typically read romance novels (I have read ones that have an interesting plot/setting before). The book could be funny - but doesn’t have to be. After the first few weeks, I’m open to more complex suggestions. I’m not explaining this correctly - I think that I’m so anxious about this surgery that I can’t express myself very well - which is unusual for me (my ”fun” undergrad degree was English literature - my serious one: chemical engineering + I have a juris doctorate). I am so anxious that my doctor has prescribed some anxiety meds for the two weeks prior to surgery - they make me very tired + a little fuzzy. I truly appreciate any suggestions that people care to share. If this is the wrong place for my request, please let me know - I’ll delete it. Thanks, Dani...See MoreWhat are you reading? July 2024 Edition
Comments (83)I guess I forgot to update, but I finished Dissolution and did enjoy it quite a bit. I will probably read more from the series but not right away. I read for pleasure, and I would say that I don't read as though I'm going to be tested on the book, so sometimes maybe I don't follow as closely as I should. There were so many characters and so many details and twists, and I still enjoyed it. I will see when I read another one in the series if I needed to pay closer attention to this first one or I 'll be able to enjoy it just the same. I gave it 4.5 stars. I am sure it would lead to tons of discussion for a book club, but I'm fine reading it on m own. I just started West With Giraffes, which I've been wanting to read forever....See MoreWhat are you reading? September 2024 Edition
Comments (34)I am in a hiatus, having frozen all my library holds in anticipation of DD2's wedding (yesterday and it was wonderful, although the airline "lost" my suitcase sending me into panic mode. They found it, sent it on the next plane and expedited it to the hotel. I had to wear jeans and sneakers to the rehearsal dinner, but luckily, not to the wedding itself) plus I am taking an upcoming vacation in two weeks. But , not to worry; I've been knitting. Those baby sweaters aren't going to knit themselves. At the wedding, a number of young moms sought me out to say thanks and to show me pictures of their babies wearing my creations. I loved how the Jeopardy guy said that his wife worried that no one would publish Lessons in Chemistry, but it wound up on the bestseller list for 99 weeks. I loved The God of the Woods as well. I read The Long Bright River, and now I know about The Unseen World. Thank you Bookwoman....See More- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years agolast modified: 2 years ago
- 2 years agolast modified: 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years agolast modified: 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years agolast modified: 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years agolast modified: 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years agolast modified: 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
Related Stories

HOUZZ TV5 Home Design Trends on the Rise in 2024
Watch a short video and read about the design and remodeling features set to dominate in the coming year
Full Story
HOUZZ TV5 Outdoor Renovation Trends to Know About Now
Watch a short video and read about popular features from the 2024 U.S. Houzz Outdoor Trends Study
Full Story
TRENDING NOWWatch the 5 Most Popular Houzz TV Episodes of 2024
Take virtual tours of — and read about — the welcoming homes featured in our most-watched Houzz TV videos of the year
Full Story
LATEST NEWS FOR PROFESSIONALS7 Home Design Trends Emerging Now
Houzz search data shows rising interest in organic modern style, dark and moody interiors and other trends for 2024
Full Story
TRENDING NOW7 Home Design Trends Emerging Now
Houzz search data shows rising interest in organic modern style, dark and moody interiors and other trends for 2024
Full Story
REGIONAL GARDEN GUIDESCalifornia Gardener’s January Checklist
Here’s what to prune and plant now to spruce up the winter landscape and jump-start your garden for the year
Full Story
TRENDING NOWThe Top 5 Outdoor Makeovers of 2024
Learn about the details from this year’s most popular landscape profiles, which include 2 by pros found on Houzz
Full Story
TRENDING NOWThe 5 Most Popular Kitchen Makeovers of 2024
Check out the storage solutions, island styles and welcoming palettes from the most-viewed kitchen profiles of the year
Full Story
TRENDING NOWThe Top 5 Houzz Tours of 2024
Peek inside the homes featured in this year’s most-viewed home tours, including two designed by pros found on Houzz
Full Story0

DECLUTTERING7 Household Items to Get Rid of Right Now
Kick-start your January decluttering by clearing out these things around the house
Full Story
Carolyn Newlen