Holiday Game - Make a book title edible
2 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (39)
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
Related Discussions
HAVE: Here is a new book list of books I have available
Comments (1)One of the Sunset Container Gardening books the Herbal Yearbook The Lavender Garden Edible Landscaping by Creasey oh, but if you have Leptosperman (of any sort, rooted cuttings pleas!) I'd like that; also homemade soap or fallen antlers from the woods (I love them, and mine are degrading in the New Orleans rains. They make nice calciam additions to the soil!) and I can be tempted....try me. Gotta be something to live in New Orleans, though. And local folk, give me a ring-I will swap for hard-to-ship items too....See MoreWhats everyone making for the holiday??
Comments (31)This evening I didn't cook, but my sons came to see me and together we went to see my parents. That is reason enough for them to come to town and spend time with me and my parents, but we planned to go to a new Thai restaurant for dinner and they serve sushi, which they were looking forward to having. But as plans go, the new place was closed for 3 days over the July 4th holiday, so we had to go to Plan B. I said that we would drive by another Thai place to see if they also had sushi and if not, then Plan C, yet another Asian Bistro place that served Thai dishes. Well, what luck! We were approaching the restaurant (second Thai place) and a couple of employees were there holding open the door inviting us into their Open House! Food and wine/beer, etc. all FREE! They did indeed have sushi also! We had lots of selections to choose from on their small buffet and enjoyed our meal very much. We had good service, a very hospitable staff and really nice decor. Their former place was just two doors down, but they decided it was much too big, so they had just re-opened at a smaller spot with a new name. Of course, we each left a large tip but we were able to try many dishes from their menu! What a treat!...See MoreCrazy-Making Book Titles
Comments (30)Kath, I wasn't familiar with Mackellar's poem, thanks for posting it. UK book titles are the same as the Australian ones. Downunder is still a a recognised term for Australia here though I don't suppose they call England 'Upover' anymore than they used to refer to us as home. BTW I felt that Downunder was rather thin on substance. I don't think BB had spent long enough there. I never realised that A Town Like Alice had an American title. I remember when I first heard the book mentioned, as a child, it sounded 'unusual' but can't see why US readers seem not to be expected (by editors/movie folk) to be capable of dealing with the occasional oddity. Whatever the title I think it is still a cracking read. On the Beach is another one with a most unusual 'plot' that works surprisingly well . . . for a story dealing with nuclear fall-out. re Fuller's book. I think the title is Don't Let's Go to the Dogs Tonight which has been well-recommended over here. I haven't read it but usually the expression 'going to the dogs' or if you are from London 'going down the dogs' means spending the evening at the local 'dog track' ie greyhound racing. I think the book is set in Rhodesia and I have no idea if there were any 'dog tracks' or if white people would have been seen there. 'Going to the Dogs' also means a deterioration in ones circumstances/business/way of life. Mary does any of the above appear in the book?...See MoreDid you get any books for the holidays??
Comments (22)Meant to add that I read House in the Sunflowers by Ruth Silvestre a year so so ago. I think she has written 3 books with similar titles. It is worth trying to read them in order (which I'm sure I didn't do). They are about her family finding a run-down old farmhouse in Gascony (?) doing it up and meeting and becoming friends with the 'locals'. Wonderful details of the huge meals cooked by these French women. The last book is rather sad. I didn't get any terrible presents this year; although a while ago I received a hot water bottle two year running from my DH plus those electronic scales that worked out how much stored fat was wobbling off my delicate form. You can guess how pleased I was. Mary/woodnymph, your friend may appreciate your abstemious habits by giving you wine bottle stoppers. She obviously knows you never finish a bottle at one sitting. Or is she trying to tell you something? ;-)...See More- 2 years agolast modified: 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
Related Stories

HOLIDAYS10 Holiday Gift Ideas to Help Make Home a Little Cozier
Consider these suggestions for presents to pamper the special people in your life
Full Story
LIFELife: How to Make It Through the Holidays if You’re Grieving
Winter holidays can be hard for those who have lost loved ones, but simple actions and kindnesses can help
Full Story
FEEL-GOOD HOMEMake Jam! And 7 More Ways to Make the Most of the Coming Weekend
Stay cool, enjoy some backyard games and get ready for the Fourth of July
Full Story
FALL AND THANKSGIVING8 Creative Accents to Set Your Holiday Table Apart
Give fall meals flair with decorations and serving pieces you make — or make better — yourself
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNGet Organized for Holiday Baking
Before you crack that first egg, establish a game plan for stress-free success
Full Story
HOLIDAYS13 Books for the Home Design Lovers on Your Gift List
Design fans will appreciate these coffee table books that celebrate inspiring interiors, architecture and landscapes
Full Story
HOLIDAYSHow to Have a Just-Simple-Enough Holiday
Make this the year you say no to holiday stress and yes to joy and meaning
Full Story
LIFEHouzz Call: What Has Mom Taught You About Making a Home?
Whether your mother taught you to cook and clean or how to order takeout and let messes be, we'd like to hear about it
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDES8 Creative Home Backdrops for Holiday Photos
Give that mall Santa the year off — these photo ideas will make your holiday cards highly personal and truly memorable
Full Story
HOLIDAYS10 Things to Do Early for an Easier Holiday Season
Make a gift list and check supplies twice, then ensure that the house looks nice, and buy travel tickets if you’re leaving town
Full Story
vee_new