March - what are you reading?
2 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (62)
- 2 years agolast modified: 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
Related Discussions
Blah, Blah, Blah: A Novel
Comments (6)Thanks for the info ci. I expect you know that the royal family of the Netherlands also escaped to England for a time before settling in Ottawa. When they returned home they gave a gift of millions of tulip bulbs to the Canadian people of that city as a 'Thank you'. And during WW1 the Belgium royal family lived in London . . . and their daughter Princess Marie José became a pupil at the school I much later attended (as the nuns never failed to remind us) she went on to an 'arranged marriage' with Umberto of Italy and was queen for a few weeks before the Italians kicked him out. The Norwegian people still donate a huge Christmas tree each year which stands in London's Trafalgar Square in thanks for their time in England. I don't know of any book on the subject; it would be worth looking in to. Belgium Royals...See MoreAs the pandemic marches on, what are you reading in August 2020?
Comments (91)Astrokath, I have never read a Cormac McCarthy book that I've enjoyed. That one sounds a bit different than his usual fare but, I bet it doesn't have a happy ending. I was about to pick up where I left off in my Hungarian bank robber book when the library informed me that another ebook I had reserved months ago was available, The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen. It's an entertaining fantasy novel. My book club has chosen Finding Dorothy by Elizabeth Letts for next month's discussion....See MoreMarching right along....what are you reading this month ?
Comments (96)This morning I finished Traveling Alone, a Nordic Noir novel by Samuel Bjork who is actually Frode Sander Oien. I guess that means he's well known enough in Norway to want to hide his identity as an author? Not sure, since they give it away on the back flap of the book cover. In the novel, dead little six-year-old girls are being found hung from trees in various forests. All are dressed in identical doll dresses and are wearing a "Traveling Alone" sign (like the ones they apparently put on children flying without an adult). At this point, you might be wondering why I would be reading such a deeply noir novel, which is a legitimate question. Well, the investigators are very clever and interesting people. Although the book kept me on the edge of my chair, I will probably stay away from this genre in the future....See MoreWhat are you reading? March 2023 Edition
Comments (121)Bunny I cant figure out how to post the link with a descrption of it. I just get the raw link. I don’t see how to label it March inside the April thread. I seldom use my phone for posting so am always at a loss. This is what I get https://www.gardenweb.com/discussions/6361815/what-are-you-reading-april-2023-edition#n=1...See More- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years agolast modified: 2 years ago
- 2 years agolast modified: 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years agolast modified: 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years agolast modified: 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years agolast modified: 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years agolast modified: 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years agolast modified: 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
Related Stories

EVENTSDesign Calendar: March 2–22, 2012
Walk in the footsteps of an artist of many talents, learn landscaping that keeps your secrets and much more
Full Story
EVENTSDesign Calendar: Feb. 17-March 9, 2012
Take in the Venice Modern Home Tour, a terrarium exhibit, an interior photography workshop and more
Full Story
EVENTSDesign Calendar: Feb. 24–March 16, 2012
Visit David Stark's pop-up Wood Shop, the Philadelphia International Flower Show and more
Full Story0

EVENTSDesign Calendar: March 17–April 5, 2012
See artwork in bloom, learn about handmade wallpapers, get inspired by Buckminster Fuller and more
Full Story0

HOUSEKEEPINGMarch Checklist for a Smooth-Running Home
Get a jump on spring by spiffing up surfaces, clearing clutter and getting your warm-weather clothes in shape
Full Story
REGIONAL GARDEN GUIDESCalifornia Gardener's March Checklist
Give natives and tropicals a well-deserved spotlight — plus, discover an easy herb that keeps on giving
Full Story
NORTHWEST GARDENINGPacific Northwest Gardener's March Checklist
Prepare for edible harvests and invite feathered friends to the garden — offering them slugs for lunch is entirely up to you
Full Story
GARDENING GUIDESMake Sure You Read This Before Buying New Plants
Follow these 10 plant-selection tips to avoid buyer’s remorse
Full Story
HOME INNOVATIONSConsidering Renting to Vacationers? Read This First
More people are redesigning their homes for the short-term-rental boom. Here are 3 examples — and what to consider before joining in
Full Story
WINTER GARDENING6 Flowers for Gorgeous Winter Garden Color
Blooming beauties can be yours from January through March — just take your pick from these bulbs, shrubs and even a tree
Full Story
annpanagain