SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
trinitytx_gw

Some things are just meant to be.......

trinitytx
15 years ago

As you probably remember, I gave my sister my cancer bracelet that I had been wearing since my dad died in 1990. I loved giving it to her, and she wears it proudly. I just didn't realize how much I missed having it on. I felt kind of empty,it really was a constant reminder of my dad for me. So I decided to buy another one....money is tight and I just did not have $85.00 for a new sterling one. So off I go to Ebay and find one being sold by a gal in California who mentioned in her listing that she was using the money from the sale to sponsor herself in a breast cancer walk in San Francisco in September. So I added my bid along with the other 11 bids already in place.

I was at a friend in east Texas this past weekend when I peeked on the computer and saw I had won it for $34.00. A wonderful deal !

I sent a note to the seller and told her the story behind my other bracelet, and that I had given it to sis to celebrate her survival from breast cancer. She sent a note back saying she was really excited that I had won the bid, and she wanted to know if she could use my sisters name on her walk in September to honor her as a survivor. I told sister about it and she started crying. We are both elated to have her walk for sister.

This whole thing has been so much fun, and means so much to both of us.

I got the bracelet in the mail today, and put it on my wrist. I felt really good to have one back on as a remembrance of dads struggle with cancer. I wondered how I would commemorate the day to remember when I put it on, and it suddenly dawned on me....today.....June 4th is my fathers birthday.

Trin

Comments (13)