SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dandylandy

please help me pick kitchen lighting

dandylandy
12 years ago

Hi,

I have "boxed myself in" and need advice from some gardenwebbers with a good sense of design and style!

I installed this mini-chandelier in our kitchen above a banquette table:

It looks *FANTASTIC* - better than I ever imagined.

A huge however, though, is that the ceiling canopy, which I couldn't see online at all, is lovely, very shiny, chrome. I hope this photo of my ceiling posts correctly.

This is an issue b/c all of our handles in our kitchen and our appliances are brushed stainless, and we have two other ceiling lights (each of which must be a flush mount and each of which is about 4 feet away from the chandelier ceiling canopy.)

The entire kitchen is only 10x12 - the light right above your head as you walk in is next to a stainless handle that opens a cabinet above the fridge:

The other ceiling light is right next to the stove/microwave:

I had originally wanted something that looked like this Possini flush mount (only 4.5" high, 12.75" diameter) for the ceiling lights, but now worry that it will look weird to have the chrome ceiling canopy above the chandelier, and then this a few feet away - it comes in brushed nickel, which would look ok next to the stainless, but then you'd have different metals on the ceiling, and it comes in chrome, but then you'd have chrome right next to the stainless handles and appliances:

So, now I am thinking - does anyone make a stylish, bright, flush mount with NO metal showing at all?

What I like about those possini flushmounts is they take 2 100 watt bulbs! (And I am blind and like super-bright lights - all my lights are on a dimmer for night time and other times, like eating at the table, but for cooking and cleaning, bright is right! :-)

Thanks in advance!

Comments (18)