SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
leafy02

Who are the men who live in these homes?

leafy02
12 years ago

One blog led to another for me today, and I ended up at "Life Made Lovely", a blog that features photo tours of other bloggers' homes.

I was initially struck by how similar each of the homes was to the one before it--they seem to have a unified checklist of "quirky" elements-- but then I was struck by how girly they each seemed--I can't picture my husband living in any of them. Not because he is particular about decor (he's not, thank heavens), but because he would look out of place. Like a cross between a bull in a china shop and an adult in a kindergarten classroom.

Does that officially mean I'm old and a fuddy-duddy? Are men just a decade younger than me and my husband really so different from us?

This isn't a criticism of the bloggers' styles--thrift store finds and cheery colors are AOK in my book. I can easily imagine having a craft room that was just for me, or bedrooms for my kids, looking like these rooms--I just can't visually insert my husband or picture myself entertaining colleagues or neighbors or whoever, in these spaces.

Here is a link that might be useful: Blog Tours of Bloggers' Homes

Comments (38)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County