SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wifisker

Help with picking sofa/loveseat for this room

Jess TKA
11 years ago

I'm away from home right now so I'm not able to take a picture of what this room currently looks like furnished but it just has a couple smaller dark brown fake leather club chairs along the wall across from the fireplace, with a large square Pottery Barn end table (dark mahogany finish) and lamp between them. Across from that to the left of the fireplace I have a basic un-fancy TV stand in espresso finish with a flat screen TV on it.

We don't have a lot of extra money for new furniture right now but I don't like just having those two chairs in the room because DH usually takes one and DD takes the other, which leaves me sitting on the step leading into the kitchen. :) (We do have other family room space with bigger furniture in the house but we tend to congregate here at certain times of the day.)

I'm looking on Craigslist trying to find something nice that will work in the room but it also has to be really affordable. I wanted a sofa on the wall across from the fireplace and TV with one chair to the right of the fireplace; DH thinks it would be better to get a loveseat instead and have one chair next to it with the other to the right of the fireplace. Follow me so far?

Anyway, here's where I need help before I jump the gun and buy something that won't look right or suit our needs.

- Should we go with a sofa with one chair to the right of the fireplace, or loveseat with a chair next to it and another across from it?

- The style we're going for is clean and unfussy, cozy and casual, with a light neutral color that would allow me to easily change toss pillows and other accessories in the future without clashing.

First I'll post pics of the space and then follow up with some options I'm finding on CL.

Comments (12)