SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mtnrdredux_gw

Can't seem to get inspired

mtnrdredux_gw
9 years ago

The orange/navy/white guestroom quest still has me stumped. In person, the only orange fabric that actually worked in the room and with the rug was the Scalamandre coral dragon. I just can't pull the trigger, it just doesn't seem like the right choice. But the other fabrics were a saccharine sort of peach and didn't work.

DH chimed in and said that he thought the palette should stick with greens and blues, like the rest of the 2nd floor (and 1st for that matter). He thinks we should forget the existing navy/coral rug and keep the whole thing more summery. Or, make the room navy and white and light blue, and keep the rug.

But his biggest point was that he felt that since the guest rooms are adjoining, they should be done as a suite, ie coordinating. True, when I think of our most frequent guests, often there will be a family sharing the two rooms.

Here is the adjoining or "back" guest room. The beds and bedding stay. The rug definitely goes. What direction would you take this room? Maybe if I start with this, the front guest room will fall in to place.

"back bed room" in this diagram:

One thought I liked was picking up some of the apple green from the bedding with this rug:

Comments (67)