SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dl_herron

Can't seem to get Adobe Flash 10 downloaded.

DL Herron
13 years ago

Hi Everyone!

I was told to come to Garden Web's Computer Forum because "There is always nice people there to help you" so here I am.

I hadn't been online for awhile and last night when I finally had a couple extra free hours I went to a few of my favorite haunts.

The sites would have a message stating that I now needed Adobe Flash 10 to view their site.

PhotoBucket's message said I now needed the Flash 10 to download photos.

A friend of mine on FaceBook sent me a short video but I couldn't see it because there was a message stating I needed Flash 10 to view the video.

So I went to Adobe and clicked the download button for the Free Flash 10 (and made sure to UNclick the add-on McAfee protection).

A message came up that I needed to disable my computer's security so I assumed that meant I had to disable my Free AVG 8 and my Windows Firewall---- I did.

I started the download of Flash 10 and everything looked normal.

The download message said it was done and to close the message box----I did.

I shut down the computer, restarted it, went to Facebook and again got the message that I needed Flash 10.

Went to PhotoBucket and again got the message that I needed Flash 10 to download my photos.

I went searching for Flash 10 on my computer and found the file. Tried to open it but I got a message that said I didn't have the program to open it.

Also, since I downloaded Flash 10 last night (or maybe I didn't---who knows? lol) my computer is very VERY Sluggish.

Before trying the Flash 10 download I had been zipping along with no problems at all.

Can anyone help me with this downloading of the Adobe Flash 10? I'd really REALLY appreciate it.

Thank you!

Lady

Compaq Presario V4240

Windows XP Serv Pack 3 downloaded last week.

Router through FIOS

IE 8 and AOL 9.0 VR

Comments (4)