SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
reno_fan

Check out my new 'rescue' French Country chair

reno_fan
15 years ago

I stopped by my favorite thrift store this morning and spotted this lonely little chair for only $40.

I loved it immediately, but doubted I had anywhere at all to put it. I followed my buying instincts (also referenced on a thread here not long ago) that if you love it, buy it, and it'll somehow work.

I have to admit, I was questioning myself. NOTHING in my house is yellow, yet this little chair was yellow with red flowers. But it was SO cute. And so well made. (I flipped the cushion to see that it's an Isenhour piece; not exclusively high-end, but very well made in North Carolina.) It's cozy. And it swivels. And I figured that at very least I could reupholster it down the road.

But to my shock, I actually love it in den as-is! It somehow works, and short of replacing the bolster pillow it came with, I'm going to leave it alone.

(The other cane chair I had in there has a broken leg, and despite repeated attempts to fix it, it's wobbly and unsteady.)

I love the whole mis-matched crazy-quilt look the den is getting. It's exactly what I had in mind when I started putting the room together, though I'll likely end up replacing the other cane chair with a small leather club chair or something.

Here are the pics:

With another contrasting pillow:

In the room:

{{!gwi}}

Comments (25)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!