SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kitchencrazychris

Off-white vs. darker finish accent furniture with French Country/

kitchencrazychris
16 years ago

Sitting here with a headache of indecision and dithering !!

So, I'm asking for input and feedback . . . please !!

We're in the process of pulling our living area, kitchen together . . . (did our kitchen remodel about three years ago) . . . Ordered mostly everything a couple of days ago, have until tomorrow to make any changes . . .

The scenario . . . I have what I guess you would call a French Country/cottage theme going on . . . (and sorry, I can't post pics, which I know would help !! Still so computer illiterate !! ) The kitchen which is open to the living area . . . Cream cabs, cream travertine floors, granite, which has creams, blues in it . . . Blue toile curtain treatment has been ordered for the kitchen window, and will also be carried out on the bay window in the living room. Cream walls throughout . . . Sofa will be medium blue . . . have an existing red chair, also a blue plaid chair. Ordered bar stools in an off-white finish. White molding everywhere . . . A large red-checked cushion will go in the bay window, with pillow accents of blues, reds, yellows, along with pics and accessories with those colors.

The dilemma . . . I ordered a creamy white plank coffee table from Ethan Allen . . . Very cottagey looking, which is what I'm going for . . . Future purchase will be a wall unit, after a new TV is purchased . . . Thinking off-white, also, to more blend into the walls !!!

I have an antique oak upright piano, which is a main part of the living area . . . also our dining table and chairs are oak . . pressed back chairs . . .

I'm second-guessing the off-white coffee table, versus a darker wood finish, since the piano is in there, and the dining set visible. Oh, also have an antique very dark red dry sink in the area . . . Any opinions on mixing the woods . . . oak and off-white . . . the visual brightness of off-white versus darker wood ??? We currently have a glass-topped coffee table, so ANYTHING will be looking different . . . So, basically I want to do the best I can to carry off the cottage/French Country look . .

Any feedback will be much appreciated !!!

Thanks in advance !!

Chris

Comments (2)