SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jennifer25_gw

I hate her...I hate her......I hate her

Jennifer25
21 years ago

Ex-wife drives me nuts!

She tries to get in and out of every obligation she has to her children. We have joint physical custody...50/50... One week we have them Tuesday, Thursday...the next week M, W, F, S, S. Sometimes the schedules changes....for example, recently my Grandmother passed away and we had to be away for a few days.....so we had to "make up" the days we took.... It is very seldom that my honey and I ask to change a day... In fact, I think the ONLY time, in the 2 years we have been together that we made a request, was for the passing of my Grandmother. This woman changes the schedule, or tries to EVERY OTHER DAY IT SEEMS. The kids need some consistency. THey need to spend a lot of time with each parent, but at 3 (especially 3) and 5, I think they need some additional time with Mom. Work and play are always too important...She keeps the kids as number two and herself and her social life as 1. The nanny, who lives with her, is so frustrated with it.. (also because when we say NO, she asks the nanny)....my honey is frustrated, the kids are suffering, and I am just fed up with the amazing ability this woman has to shirk off all responsibility. She is not the type to deal with criticism well...in fact, most people are afraid of her....even myself to a degree. She is one of those intimidating people who always makes you feel like an idiot. Anyway, no one is telling her that she is doing something wrong. And it's not my place to..........

I am very lucky, to be honest. Sure I hate when she does this crap, but on the other hand the woman is very supportive of my role with her children (probably because she knows she needs someone to do what she doesn't). She welcomes their love for me...and my love for them...doesn't bad mouth me to them (to others I am sure)... So I have been able, thankfully, to forge a beautiful and loving relationship with SD and SS...thanks to her...and other factors, such as who I am, and the young age of the kids, their father etc. But mainly without her support in this, things could be a lot worse. I guess I shouldn't complain, but I'm frustrated. I love these kids as if they were my own.... They are so wonderful...and they need their Mom.... It's hard to be there for them, fulfilling the role she is messing up on...and then when they see her, when we drop them off, most of the time, they run to her. It's their Mom...that I understand...but they think she is so great and she just isn't. She is selfish and I just want to hit her over the head and wake her up! SD, 3 sometimes won't go to her after a long weekend with us....and SS 5, gets mad when she doesn't call when they are here.....but still, they are excited that Mommy is there! sigh. I would never tell them the truth, but I wish she didn't have to receive the rewards. Rewards come when they are deserved.

Anyway, I'm not sure how to handle a woman who cannot be told that she is wrong. I know, I can certainly tell, that if we were to do that, we would be upsetting the happy "home" we have. So we try reverse psychology now. WE say a lot of No's, but today, honey sent her an email after she asked for YET another change in the schedule and granted her wish, but simply stated that the kids needs more consistency with the schedule....that things have been turned around a lot (due to all of our schedules/vacations/work and that it is affecting the kids..so let's stick to the schedule. Her as&&*le response was THANKS! And that's it...just THANKS. But, at least she was politely told that the next time she asks it will not be granted...and if she is too stupid to realize that was a nice future letdown, then we will at least have a good reason when we say no in the future. Do you think this is suitable? I would prefer to say &$&*W#*@#&(@#@)#)!@#*@()#*!_!*@!_#, but you know, gotta do the right thing!

Comments (6)