SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
althetrainer

Oh I hate, hate, hate kitchen mishaps!

althetrainer
14 years ago

OK, I thought once the birthday party was over things would calm down. Well, I am still busy cooking in the kitchen and trying to catch up with everything else.

I struggled a bit with the SD waffles this morning. At the same time I started a SD beet bread dough and let it rise in the oven. Then I remembered I was supposed to sent 2 dozens cupcakes to little man's class (today is his real birthday). Didn't have time to make them from scratch. But, I was lucky. I had a box of chocolate cake mix in the basement so that should do it.

Got out my beater and everything seemed to go well, until I thought I didn't have enough batter for 24 cupcakes. I carefully filled each cup liner just to half full... talking to myself that things were going to be just fine. Turned on the oven to get ready for baking. Finally filled ALL 24 cups. Phew!

Opened the oven door to put the muffin tins in for baking, and to my horror -- I saw the SD beet dough that was rising in there! I had completely forgotten about it. Worse yet, I had covered the glass bowl with plastic wrap and needless to say the plastic wrap was melted right over the half baked dough! The color of the dough was so pretty that I could hit my head on the wall! Think I have enough baking for one day. Once the cupcakes are cooled and frosted, I will to go to my room to mope over my lost bread! :-(

Al

Comments (22)