SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
faron79

Too funny on Kauai...DW HATES her Escalade!

Faron79
10 years ago

This is kinda funny...FOR ME anyway!!

As I mentioned in another thread, my DE & DD are on Kauai for DD's Summa-cum-laude College-grad. present!

They left last Wed. from Fargo. As a surprise, I wanted to upgrade their "standard car" to a Cadillac CTS (if available). I talked to the Lihue rental agency a few days b4 that, & they mentioned I'd have to call the "day of" their arrival, to see what Luxury-Class cars would be available. I can't stand Chryslers, so I mentioned if they could please get a Cadillac SRX, CTS, or ATS.

Sooooo...after they left early Wed. am, I tried calling later in the day here, when they'd be open. They'd be landing there ~2:30pm HST, or 7:30pm CST.

I couldn't get thru to the Lihue desk...aaarrrggh! Kept getting voice-menus & bounced-out to the "central" system. Must've tried 20 times that afternoon! I talked to a few people who could "send a note thru", but they couldn't help with that class of car at that site.

I nicely mentioned that I'd been burning lots of my Onstar minutes to no avail., & that "It shouldn't be this hard" to upgrade a car, etc. I was respectful at all times, but never did talk to anyone actually at the Lihue rental desk. Siiiigggghhh. As their landing-time approached, I resigned myself to saying "Well Faron, at least you tried...HARD!"

Well-
Something must've worked!!
I called DW's cell a while after the plane landed, & DD answers. I asked what kind of car they got, and DD says "Guess!". So I went thru the usual Impalas, Camrys (snore), etc. I then mentioned maybe a Cadillac?!?!? "Yes, but what kind?!" DD said. Well now...I was kinda stumped! My 1st thought was a CTS, so I guessed that! "No, keep guessing!" Hmmmm...an SRX!!??!, since they highlighted that choice at Lihue. "Nope, keep guessing Dad!" Well, is it the new ATS???
"No Dad, they gave us a big BLACK ESCALADE!"

I think I dropped the phone!

Something in my nice complaining must've paid-off!! DW finally gets on the phone and says"This damn thing is BIG". I was laughing-my-a$$ off now!
Yesterday DW mentioned..."This must be the biggest damn car on Kauai! I haven't seen anything bigger!" She's not too fond of parking it I guess...;-)

She calls it "The Beast"...& and not in all that of an affectionate tone either! I feel so "terrible" & "sad" about it...;-)

Faron

Comments (17)