SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janjan212

Should I look for a new Realtor?

janjan212
15 years ago

We listed our home in April after finding a new construction home we loved. The builder accepted a 6 month contingency offer. The time has come and gone and the offer has been rescinded since we have not sold our house. After getting over the initial disappointment we decided to keep our current house listed and continue searching for a new home. As time goes on, I'm starting to wonder if it has anything to do with my agent. With our contract coming to an end, I want to be sure we're not misdirectioning our frustration. Are we unhappy with the agent, or just upset that our house hasn't sold? This is the first time we've tried to sell a home (lousy timing we know) but We need to decide what to do next. We used this agent when we purchaced our home 7 years ago and had a very friendly relationship even periodically staying in touch after the sale so at this point it feels awkward.

Here are some pros and cons I've thought of, can you please offer your more objective opinion as to what you would do, Renew with this agent or end the relationship and look for a new set of eyes?

Pros:

Answers his phone 99% of the time, returns call within minutes.

Makes himself available at our conveinence

Set up Virtual Tour and Professional photos

Top 25 Realtors in our County

Many Years experience

Has his own website with his listings on it.

Seeks and shares feedback after every showing

Cons:

No Offers in nearly 8 months

Personally has never shown the house

Arrives for open houses right as they open.

No planning ahead on open houses, never see an ad in the paper

Suggests pricing then states it might be too high a week or 2 later as though WE came up with the price out of the air.

I will add more when I think of them but essentially we have followed all the professional advice he has given us from improvements to pricing to staging. Not one offer has come in. So now I question the pricing strategy, wonder about the marketing (or lack of, but maybe things like the newspaper isn't a good way to market a home anymore)and wonder if he shouldn't be doing an agent tour (or is that only on RE shows on HGTV?) What about maketing the open houses??

I feel like he did the essentials with photos, the interent listing, MLS, Craigslist and is sitting back waiting for someone else to sell it.

Comments (13)