SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eileenlaunonen

Should we change realtor???

eileenlaunonen
16 years ago

Ill make a long story kinda short...6 months ago we put our house on the market with Century 21...the realtor we have known and delt with for over 12 years (she is there top seller for many years and knows her stuff)so we had trust...anyway...She advised us to list our house for 580,000.00 so we did and not 1 person looked at the house over the 6 month contract nor did they even have an open house...every time we called she said hang tight the market stinks right now,she was well aware that we needed a quick sale to move 2 miles down the road to the house I grew up in to help my dieing father and sister who is at wits end caring for him. So last week the contract was up she called and said lets not renew until springtime,my hubby asked "We need to move this house,should we drop the price?" Her reply was "Yes" Hubby asked "What should we list it at?" Her reply "450,000.00" WHAT????????? 130,000.00 loss all we see now is RED FLAGS!!!! ANy advice...we are in East Islip Long Island New York. PS...we know the markets not good right now but 580,000 was a right on price for where we are and what we have in the house. We were willing to drop our top dollar asking price but this drop seems rediculous!!

Comments (9)