SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisamariess

Please help with kitchen-Vision got lost. Pictures-Long

lisamariess
15 years ago

Hi all,

I did post this on the kitchen forum and several people suggested I also post in here-I hope this is okay.

I could be posting this under the title about "Did you love your kitchen at first?" Or, did your vision for your kitchen change?" Mine just plain got removed and lost.

We redid our whole house, and moved out for 9 months. DH had particulars for kitchen which he would not change-1.Natural cherry cabinets. 2.Stainless Steel 3.Preferably black granite. 4. Brazilian cherry floors throughout house.

Working with those elements ruled out my vision for a kitchen, which tended to be one of white or creamy cabinets, with browns, golds, ivory and a highlight color. Also, we really had only one wall, and not much else to work with. The designer was of no help and really rushed me with the backsplash, and a lot of other things. End result is that I am not loving it.

I do like how functional it is. And I like it a lot more than the old one. But something major is missing. I will put a before and after in this post,but I haven't figured out how to link to my whole kitchen album on photobucket. I know it is asking an awful lot of you guys to spend time and look at it, but I really need help. I am far out of my element. The kitchen looks very masculine to me, for lack of a better way to describe it. That is exactly why DH likes it, I think.

Four specific things I need help with are 1. Should I change the color and style of the knobs and pulls? (Also, I put 4 knobs and pulls on a couple cabinets in the pictures I posted just to try and get a feel for ORB) Here is a knob I wonder if I should consider, probably because it looks more feminine:

2. They ordered the wrong cabinet glass. This stuff looks like it has wrinkled saran wrap on the back. I found a couple I sort of like, and I will put those in here in here). Another problem about this kitchen is that the glass reflects a lot from the bay windows.

Bronze Etched:

Soft Etched (not blue like this in person-just looks like opaque glass:

1. Wall color-goes with rest of house palate, but not sure of it for kitchen? Granite is Volga Blue. After deciding on VB, I then imagined much more blue in the kitchen, but now, especially with the backsplash, I canÂt even bring the blue out. I am just at a loss for what to do next.

4. I canÂt get rid of the backsplash-DH likes it, and it is put in with epoxy. Would I ever be able to cover it with other material?

I am open to any and all suggestions. I know you guys are all busy planning your own kitchens, and it is a lot to ask for you to look at mine. So I want to just say thank you in advance.

Here is the before and after:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v417/LisaMarieSS/HouseKitchen2008/HouseJune2008021.jpg

Where I tried playing with ORB knobs-pic fuzzy, sorry:

I sincerely thank you for any and all comments.

Here is a link to the thread from the kitchen forum: http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg0622074319543.html?26

Here is a link to photobucket album:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v417/LisaMarieSS/

Thank you very much for taking time to read and look and respond. I know you all are very busy with your own projects so I really do appreciate it.

Comments (7)