SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
owataqt

9 long years of oak cabinets- i got the go to paint them. help

owataqt
12 years ago

I have read forever and looked through all your gorgeous do overs... I always said- if I hit the lottery the second thing I would do is redo this kitchen. 9 years of marriage staring at light 42 inch oak cabinets.( dh built the house himself - I met him right after he had put in the cabinets and granite counter tops, so I had no choice in this matter. As he has said for 9 LONG years.." their good quality cabinets we ain't changing them")

I got the go to paint them. Whoot whoot....

I would love a creamy white cabinet with a dark center Island.

Here's what I can do. iam on a budget so I have the go to paint the cabinets and add hardware as they have none, add some type of backsplash, change sink and faucet, add a light fixture over island.

Here's what Iam working with- I think for now I would not like to paint walls and trim...

Reddish walls a burnt brickish red- think Italian restaurant red, bright white trim, Dakota granite, stainless steel appliances some with black mixed in it,

and cream concrete floors.

So kitchen now has these colors- red, stainless steel,white,granite- which is a black with peachy, beige ,reddish flecks, I hate the granite too but again not my choice- floors and granite are staying..

So everyone I will add photos- late this evening, I just got so excited I had to share and now I would love advice.

Am I correct that due to the granite being a black with reddish , peach , beige in it- I should stick with a warm white?, creamy? can I have a different colored island? Dark wood like? This might please the dh?

Ohhh have I told you how excited Iam...

Comments (7)