SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
happyladi

Selling my Mom's home

Happyladi
17 years ago

My Mom recently died and I am going to need to sell her house in Flower Mound Texas. A very nice area with good schools.

There are a couple of problems. A main one is a see thru fireplace between the living room and master bedroom. The master is huge and the fireplace is in the sitting area but I can still see right into the bedroom from the couch. I was going to check out darker tinted doors for both sides but I am wondering if anyone has suggestions?

She put in a pretty sage green carpet in the great room and the dinning room. She used the dinning room as a office and I think many people would not use it as a dining room. Would sage green carpet be a huge turn off to you? It is very high quality and less then a year old. It is over tile.

Most of the house is still the orginal very light beige color from 1995. It actually is an okay color except we have no touch up paint and no idea what it is. There are a few places the edges are chipped away. How important is this?

The dinning room is painted a deep green that sorta clashes with the carpet. It isn't horrible, but not great. Should we repaint a slightly deeper beige then the rest of the house? Also one bedroom is light purple. Should we repaint it?

The house is worth about $200,000. so I hate to spend too much. It would probably sell for $800,000 in south California according to my brother from the area. Dallas area is cheap.

Comments (6)