SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ljwrar

Please help pick laminate tops, blinds and sofa color

11 years ago

Hi,

I have been working for several months on changing our home office/very multi purpose room from the "room of leftover furniture" to something well planned and useful. Finally, all the functional pieces are in and I'm ready to make it look better. It is a really busy room and will remain that way.

What is there now:
The wall color is Kelly Moore, KM4169-1 Miguel Angel, a purpley grey. The carpet is chocolate brown.

What still needs to purchased:
1. Laminate desktops for the south and east walls. I'd like a simple modern pattern or a solid.
2. New blinds. I'm planning to order custom, but have not selected anything yet.
3. Sleeper sofa color. The existing sofabed is very compact; queen size mattress, but the sofa is only 63" wide. I will probably buy the same sofa in an updated model.

I am open to any and all ideas except for changing the color of the dark wood furniture. I just spent months staining it.

View from the door (SW corner). I WILL deal with the messy cords.

South wall. The crates under the desk by the chair will be replaced with baskets.

East wall without desk chair. We will eventually get a new chair for this desk.

Northwest corner. I will stain the top of the bookcase. The floor lamp will be replaced with a smaller fixture on the shelves. Also, the mess on top of the cabinets will be going away. We just put it all there instead of packing it up. The portfolios under the sofa will go to their new home in the drawers on the south wall.

Art that will be in the room. The wall color is just a tad lighter than the third circle in the lower left corner.

We will also frame a Texas Brags Map and hang it on the wall.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.
Lisa

Here is a link that might be useful: Texas Brags Map

Comments (6)