SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bmh4796

Help me pick another sofa (pics included)

bridget helm
8 years ago

Here's my room. I want a sofa where the barrel chairs are. We are keeping the sofa that is indigo/navy blue. Husband wants sofa where blue sofa is because it faces built in ent center. I want a sofa where barrel chairs are because I don't like my back to the 20 feet of windows across the back wall. I like to look outside. We will recover the barrel chairs and move them across the room to be in front of the hearth because they are light and airy and won't take over that space. The big yellow cushion is the color of throw pillow I'm considering to use on both sofas to tie them together. So what color sofa should I get? I'm thinking of buying one from one kings lane. Keep in mind the painting it will be in front of, the rug, and the blue of the existing sofa. Also, I will be hanging white heavy linen pinch pleat drapes from just beneath the crown along the wall if windows to pull that wall up. The windows are too squatty for the height of the wall.

So here we go

Keep in mind the velvet coral corner chair. I'd like it to stay, butbthevsofa I'm leaning towards on one kings lane is velvet

Disregard The fabrics I was liking when I considered custom ordering a sofa. Just focus on the rug colors

The entertainment center (I will be hanging the art in there). Excuse the foyer and dining. We are still unpacking after 6 months

The barrel chairs will go in front of hearth. (I have more in the mantel now, but this gives you the fourth wall if the room)

The little bamboo slat back chair will go in the foyer with its match

I no longer have the black metal table behind the sofa. It looked dumb there.

Ok so the sofas I'm considering from OKLane are the following: oh and please keep in mind that we have 4 kids and one on the way, so it has to be a kid friendlyish color- however, since they've made their mark on the navy sofa- I will try to encourage then to continue sitting there;)

Up close

Next up

The above color is called russet. I'm not sure what that is. Like at taupey lavender, maybe? Lavender gray taupe looks good with painting

I think I've reached my photo limit on this post, so I'll post the last few sofas to consider in another post.

Comments (7)