SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laxsupermom

Please help pick fabric to coordinate with CL sofas

laxsupermom
14 years ago

So after getting my CL sofas in their new home, I looked around and decided the room needed some spiffing up. I was so inspired by the recent chair makeover threads. pugga's fantastic makeover and oceanna's inspirational pics sent me to the fabric store.

I came home with these fabric swatches. They're both paislies. The swatch on the left is a tapestry. The one on the right is a cotton velveteen. If you're wondering about the blue in the velveteen, there's a bit of blue in the rug.

They are sitting on my new dusty grey-green CL sofa with the drapery pulled up so you can see it. The drapes are a taupey silk(technically "mocha") on the top 65% and a coppery embroidered taffeta on the bottom 35%. I spent a lot of time sewing the drapes so they definitely stay.

Here's the wingback chair that I'd be reupholstering.

I was leaning toward the tapestry, but all the boys really like the velveteen. The price difference between the two is nominal. My other thought was that if I got really adventurous, I could deconstruct the chair and use a coordinating stripe on the bottom part of the chair and the paisley on a great big cushion like in some of the inspiration pics on trailrunner's thread.

So what do you all think? The tapestry or the velveteen or something else entirely?

Here's the link to my earlier thread with pictures of the CL sofas in the room. The wingback chair would be in the corner of the room just off camera at the bottom right.

TIA for the help.

Comments (14)