SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
robynpa_gw

Please help pick fabric for sofa.

robynpa
16 years ago

I have no vision - I only know what looks nice when I can actually see it together.

I am going to have slipcovers made for a sofa and matching chair. The sofa has 3 seat cushions and the chair has 1 seat cushion, the back pillows are attached, there are 2 t-cushions on the sofa.

These pieces are in great shape and are very comfortable but the fabric is awful. I bought them 9 years ago from a friend of my mother who was selling them for her parents who were going to assisted living. The pieces were in their "formal" livingroom so they were pretty much never used. They are made by Key City Furniture and seem to be very well made. I was considering just selling them on CL and getting new but they are just so comfortable and well made that I now think slipcovers are the way to go.

I just got an email back from Todo Es Slipcovers and they have 2 colors in one fabric that I like on clearance. The 2 colors are sage and black (hopsack fabric). I was thinking of doing the seat cushions in black and the body in sage and the welt in sage. Does this sound like it will look good? Any other suggestions or should I just stick with all one color?

See link for fabric. It is the last fabric on the page (Hopsack in sage and Black)

Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Fabric

Comments (10)