SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gillylily

Who knew picking out fabric would be so overwhelming- Please help

gillylily
12 years ago

I decided i could no longer look at my dirty off=white cushions on my dining room chairs (we inherited the set from my MIL). I went to Calico Corners today with the hopes of finding THE ONE, but i was so overwhelmed. I have no idea where to go. My walls are a warm terra-cotta, with a box chair rail (I can't remember what that official term is for that) that is painted white. The area rug is all earth tones on the more contemporary side- but I would say my taste is transitional= I like the mix of some traditional with clean lines. The chandelier might be a little too formal for the room (not necessarily the cosmetics of the room but more the furniture) but I don't want anything too formal or traditional for the chairs but not contemporary.

I am waiting for my window shades to be installed, They are a white silhouette sheer (the smith and noble version of hunter Douglas silhouettes collection) which matches the woodwork. Eventually we will get treatments.

I'm not a big fan of flowers, but do like something with a say a damask (ish) design or diamonds or something with some sort of design (but I don't love IKat)

Below is the room- What should I put on the chairs????? (oh the rug has chock. brown. light blue, terra-cotta, red, camel and green in it).TIA for your help!

The one wall you don't see in the pictures looks exactly like the rest with the exception of having a doorway to lead into my mudroom.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Comments (26)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022