SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
erosenst

Help picking out paint colors please!

Emily Peltz
15 years ago

As background, we're in the process of buying a small house where DH does a lot of business (and where his favorite sports team is...). Between the two, he spends a LOT of time there. We found a house that will work, and the price is fabulous because it's on its way to foreclosure. It's generally in good shape (only 4+ years old) although has to be recarpeted and repainted.

We're trying to do this relatively economically (who isn't?) so we're furnishing it with things we no longer need, Craig's List finds, etc...so we're locked into some of the furniture colors. At the same time, nice looking paint doesn't cost more than 'builder tan' which was DH's first idea of paint.

SO - I've picked out paints for the master and our daughter's room. Both work with the bedding etc we'll be using, and DD has always wanted a purple room - this is a perfect place for it. I've also picked out carpet that works with the bedding,and the black leather couches in the living room. And to soften the black leather, I found some chenille fabric from which I'll make pillows.

I'm having trouble, however, deciding on some of the paints - especially for the living room (which is VERY open to the kitchen) and the halls. I found the perfect color for a problem room in our house by posting here...am hoping to get the same thing again.

Here are some pics to let you know what's been chosen so far. Hopefully, they read much better on your monitor than mine (next project is to adjust my colors, which are REALLY off...)

Paint for Master: (Benjamin Moore Harbor Haze)

Paint for DD's room (BM Purple Lace and California Lilac)

Fabric for cushions on couch: (IRL, much more earth-toned than it reads on my monitor)

Kitchen into which LR opens. Table isn't ours, and we're taking the window treatment off.

Current choice for LR/Kitchen paint...but looking for input! (BM Warm Sienna)

Trim will all be a cool white (not creamy) that complements all the other paints. NO idea yet on hall paint - looking for input there too.

So - what would YOU choose for halls and living room/kitchen?

Thanks in advance for your help -

Emily

Comments (15)