SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bekah_gw

Help me decorate my new home COLORS!

bekah
16 years ago

Hi all!

I just purchased my very first home and would like to paint and decorate it in a timeless, classic style. I love the updated Neoclassical and Georgian styles the most. I have dark wood/neutral furnishings but not sure what paint colors to use besides white for the trim. I was thinking Cream/Oatmeal for most and a nice matching, soothing green for some. Any favorite paint colors? IÂm afraid it will look too yellow, orange, or pink and worry the green will be too yellow. I need help picking nice paint colors here.

IÂm installing dark wood floors and the window brackets, poles etc are thick dark wood. Not sure what color drapes or texture linens here. I would like it appropriate for year round-green perhaps? I live in SO CAL where it doesnÂt get too hot or too cold. Any favorite drapes, colors I should be considering here?

IÂm also having ceiling fans installed in the bedrooms. Knowing the dark floors, white trim and cream or green walls should I go dark or light styles here. IÂm thinking light so that it doesnÂt get too contemporary and stays traditional/classic.

I'm postponing kitchen and bath remodels for a few years and would like to paint the cabinets white. The kitchen has white tile and white appliances. I'm wondering with all that white that there will be different shades and it will look silly. What do you think? How can I get the paint to look good with it?

TIA!

Sorry, typing with twin kiddlets!

bekah

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH