SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
glitter_star

Need advice on purchasing Farmhouse!!!!!!!!

Glitter_Star
18 years ago

We are currently looking into buy this 100 yr old farmhouse. We noticed when looking at the house the floors were sagging and loose in some places, also one of the upsatirs bedroom floors bounces when standing under it in the dining room you can see it bounce and bow. Well we like the house although it needs major work and updateing. It has next to no kitchen al least to my standard of kitchen. It has alot of room in the kitchen but has hardly no cabinets or counterspace. everything is mitch match. We had them pay to get the inspection done and they found lots wrong with it. Like some water damage behind the shower head, some termite damage but we don't know yet as to how much damage,high moisture levels & some electrical problems the floors were the inspecters main worry.He said the support needed redone we don't know from settleing or from rote. The owners are having all these things priced to see how much the repairs will be. They don't have much money to get anything done so they may need to sell as is. The house is in NC on 1 acer of land surrounded by cotten feilds. The asking price is $187.000, We need to how much a good as is price would be. In all reality we don't want to pay more the $120,000 for the house which would have to be cash. Does anyone know what these repairs could be? I can see the house being restored to something great. I will try to put some pics up. Any advice

Comments (24)