SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pamalapa

Where do you fold your clothes?

Maura63
17 years ago

Yesterday's thread about putting clothes away reminded me about a question I've been meaning to ask. If you don't have the luxury of a Laundry Room, where do you fold clothes?

For the most part, I fold on my (king) bed. Ideally, the kids would then come collect their clothes (and hopefully put them AWAY!) But sometimes I forget the clothes are there (I am easily side-tracked) only to discover them at bedtime (after the kids have gone to bed) -- or sometimes I just begin to fold after the kids are asleep. My "alternate" location is the dining room table.

My mother always folded on the kitchen table (and had her laundry washed, dried, folded, and put away before noon, for seven people!). I guess the kitchen table surface insures that the clothes get put away before dinner time?

When I go to my brother's house there are usually piles of folded clothes along the sofa and love seat, including the top of the backs. (I've done that too.)

My friend separates clothes (before folding) into individual baskets, and then folds each set of clothes in the owner's room (and I'm guessing then puts them away at that point?) This idea appeals to me on some level, if only to insure going into each room daily to check on things.

What are your methods/systems? Where do you fold your clothes?

Comments (37)