SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
engineerchic_gw

Does this faux-sectional fit?

EngineerChic
11 years ago

Backstory: I visited the Love Decades showroom and really like the Blythe sofa. I've been emailing with Chris (one of the owners) and he suggests a 91" by 91" sectional for our LR.

The LR is below, the space we are working with is 11' 6" wide and about 10' 8" deep (12' 10"minus the hearth, which is 26" deep).

I used a combination of plastic storage crates, dining room chairs, and a set of flannel sheets to mock up a sectional of this size. I'm great at fitting stuff into the fridge but my spatial awareness ends there ;)

Does this faux-sectional seem out of place? Too big for the room?
View from the stairs (as close to a birds eye view as I can manage):

Walking into room from bottom of stairs:

View from accent chair:

View from hallway:

I thought the 91x91 sectional, would be too large, but now I think it might work. Except there is no room for a coffee table.

Thoughts? Should I try for a smaller sectional in the space? I believe this size has 2 seats per side with the corner piece in between. I could consider a sectional with 2 seats on one side and 1 seat on the other.

BTW - the room is a mess, the wall color needs to change and I have a half-glass of OJ on the mantel. I'm looking for input on the size/scale, all the finer points will be addressed later.

Comments (33)