SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
miller88_gw

Do you take time to send letters for bad svc? (RH)

miller88
13 years ago

I just had a horrible experience with Restoration Hardware. Ordered some linen drapes on sale. Checked a couple of the panels when they arrived, they looked great. A month later when rod arrived and was finally up, I pinned and hung the first 3 panels, they looked great. Opened the last package, and found that they sent an incorrect panel (3 right, 1 wrong). Called in, found the color was discontinued and no more in stock. Was told I could order different color at same price. Got some samples, and ordered another color, and again was assured I'd get same price (i.e, even exchange). New drapes arrive, bill for over twice the expected price. Call in, am told bill is incorrect, but also told I can't get sale price on the replacement drapes. Am on hold for 10 minutes, finally get a discount, but not what was originally promised. I would return everything except I don't want to pay return shipping, and don't want to spend another 6 months looking for drapes, especially when the rods are already hung based on the length of these panels.

Is it me, or does this type of thing seem to be the norm? I won't even bore you with the drama on the curtain rings. Would you take the time and effort to write a letter? Or is just what one should expect anymore???

Comments (27)